another fir yamadori- more shohin size

Rose Mary

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is another fir...much smaller than the other. Again this is the way the elk pruned it.
It has been gaining vigor and foliage and has lived in a colander for several years.

Styling advice suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Rose

Attachments

• trees yamadori 149.jpg
    trees yamadori 149.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 47
  • trees yamadori 152.jpg
    trees yamadori 152.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 40
  • trees yamadori 160.jpg
    trees yamadori 160.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 37
  • trees yamadori 151.jpg
    trees yamadori 151.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 36
  • trees yamadori 158.jpg
    trees yamadori 158.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ooh, I like this one. Plenty of options but too much going on to give you any meaningful advice. You should take this one to a workshop maybe. Some general advice would be to let some sacrifice growth grow long from the bottom branches once you have picked your primary branches in order to thicken them and help with the taper of the trunk. But picking those primary branches and wiring them would be a first order of business.
Also I think picking a new leader and trimming off some of the competition would clean up the image and help with the taper going forward.

Last edited:

Rose Mary

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for responding.
This fir was collected 4 years ago, wasn't sure it would survive..it was pretty decimated by the elk. It is pushing lots of new growth this year
I realize you are unable to tell from the photos...it has taper to the broken top..
Sorry the pics don't show it well.
There is no club nearby although a bnut member has recently taken steps to form one near grants pass. Not sure that he has any more experience than me..lol

Thank you for your response. Hope I get more?

Rose

Top Bottom