Another high profile theft

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Evils of theft aside, what's the point of this? Are they keeping these trees and caring for them? I doubt it. Someone put decades of work into these and they will be used as target practice. I can't imagine these are easy to sell either - too many people who would be interested in trees like these would recognize them as stolen.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Evils of theft aside, what's the point of this? Are they keeping these trees and caring for them? I doubt it. Someone put decades of work into these and they will be used as target practice. I can't imagine these are easy to sell either - too many people who would be interested in trees like these would recognize them as stolen.
Aside from idiots who steal bonsai for jolly and discard them, the people who get these stolen bonsai are the same as people who obtain stolen famous art pieces. They can only enjoy those things in private and they are OK with that because it satisfies their evil heart that they were able to rob other people's pride and joy.

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably just some dumb kids who noticed there was nothing holding it down, and let their intrusive thoughts take over. "Man wouldn't it be crazy if we just walked out of here with that thing?". I hope the tree is safe, and they get it back in one piece. There's always an opportunity after a stunt like this to make things right; it would be embarrassing but it's really in their best interest to fess up and return it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Probably just some dumb kids who noticed there was nothing holding it down, and let their intrusive thoughts take over. "Man wouldn't it be crazy if we just walked out of here with that thing?". I hope the tree is safe, and they get it back in one piece. There's always an opportunity after a stunt like this to make things right; it would be embarrassing but it's really in their best interest to fess up and return it.
According to their website they close at 5:30 and the theft happened at 9pm, unfortunately impulsivity doesn't hold up as a defense when you've obviously conspired to rob the establishment and proven criminal intent.

Top Bottom