Another Native Ribes

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I believe it to be a "red" berried specie... but not exactly sure WHICH

I was immensely impressed with THIS tree's branching habits and noted "personal differences"..

Actually, here's a picture of me (AND my brand new mustache) walking up to the cameraperson, gesturing with a removed branch.. rambling about ramification. 😂
6EF9ACEC-0E2C-4DD9-A845-FCCCCFA33622.jpeg

Aaaany ways... Here she blows...

All trunks of the clump are already fused on a NEAR plane... SCORE.
1CC16803-0B2C-4D43-9014-DD642B3094A1.jpegBE74572A-F484-4979-B6EA-2BB65C9297B8.jpeg4422DA57-5310-45F3-AE66-9F47BF11AD22.jpeg12167CCC-BEC2-4634-8988-6ADEEF954088.jpeg
(Yup... using half of the collection soil makes the weight difference of the perlite VERY apparent. Oh well.)
There are three different possible fronts/angles, currently. The ons PICTURED last... may ACTUALLY be my LEAST favorite! 😂Let us wait to see what this season has in store.

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Pics or it didn't happen!!
Haha!!! I took a picture of my Necklace, for my son, Niko ( He's obsessed with it) so him and mom could look at it at his Dr's appt. That was a week before I shaved the mustache... 0FBDD4CE-BAF5-4A4B-8B85-8592918909E7.jpeg
;)

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The mustache somehow lends an air of legitimacy.
It creeps me out a little.

Not the mustache.
The idea of your legitimacy.
The thought of taking you seriously causes a variety of cognitive dissonance I find particularly painful.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I believe it to be a "red" berried specie... but not exactly sure WHICH

I was immensely impressed with THIS tree's branching habits and noted "personal differences"..

Actually, here's a picture of me (AND my brand new mustache) walking up to the cameraperson, gesturing with a removed branch.. rambling about ramification. 😂
View attachment 428385

Aaaany ways... Here she blows...

All trunks of the clump are already fused on a NEAR plane... SCORE.
View attachment 428387View attachment 428388View attachment 428389View attachment 428390
(Yup... using half of the collection soil makes the weight difference of the perlite VERY apparent. Oh well.)
There are three different possible fronts/angles, currently. The ons PICTURED last... may ACTUALLY be my LEAST favorite! 😂Let us wait to see what this season has in store.

🤓
Found this on the slope down to the river. Back end of my acreage. Ribes Sanguineum, Red flowering currant, native species. The lower clump movement seemed to say " Bonsai me" so I dug it up about four weeks ago. So far it has flowered and is producing lots of leaves. pretty soon I will consider reducing some branching. Just waiting for further root recovery before pruning.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 21

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Found this on the slope down to the river. Back end of my acreage. Ribes Sanguineum, Red flowering currant, native species. The lower clump movement seemed to say " Bonsai me" so I dug it up about four weeks ago. So far it has flowered and is producing lots of leaves. pretty soon I will consider reducing some branching. Just waiting for further root recovery before pruning.
That is a wonderful specimen!

The really interesting Ribes are SO FEW and far between that.. they (the decent ones) SCREAM at you, fairly hard..

GOD I love collecting!... gotta take it easy this year, though..

🤓

Top Bottom