Another Precumbens "nana"

YukiShiro

Chumono
Reaction score
Hennops River Valley,Gauteng,South Africa
USDA Zone
8b
guys just wanted to post my my first tree in refinement after going through some shit losing half my trees, having no interest in bonsai....neglecting my bonsai...being robbed at gunpoint and threatened blah blah, losing more trees...long story.....got back into the hobby 2 years ago and hit it harder than ever, thanks to really good friends I've made in the hobby locally...5 trees made it through the rollercoaster ride...they are making a comeback slowly but surely. and I'll post them up sometime once I can start working on them again...

but I'm wandering off topic...

got the tree just before the winter of 2019, incidentally this tree and my friend that sold it to me is what got me back into the swing of things . here is a pic of the tree my friend sent to me via mobile, to ask if I'm interested
a5fd94f1-e934-49c9-895d-3067070e467b.jpg

after I picked it up from him I did the first work on the tree about 2 weeks later
this was the result:
Juniper 2.jpg
still the apex to go, the lower branches all seem a bit long...but a good first stab at it. here it is with the apex done:
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-09 at 16.32.20.jpeg
After this I basically left it to grow and did several cutbacks a year
few days ago I fully wired it out as I did not have to do any severe bending or anything that would lift the cambium from the sapwood and make ugly scars. here is the result of 8 hours worth of detail wiring:
View attachment WhatsApp Video 2021-11-04 at 23.34.27.mp4

I'm happy with the result, I've shortened those long branches and their pads worked out better than expected. Also started a thin sliver of shari down the trunk(will widen the shari each summer until it's good)
It's good to have a tree that can almost be called a bonsai again

any advice and comments welcome

best regards
Herman

YukiShiro

Chumono
Reaction score
Hennops River Valley,Gauteng,South Africa
USDA Zone
8b
Nice tree
Good to have you back , Herman.

Laughed when I saw your foot.
Reminds me of a ditty, "it was so neat, he used his feet".

Thanks for the compliment Leo!

haha yeah had to be creative to take the vid with my phone and spin the turntable for a 360...came up with the perfect (function over form) solution 😂

Top Bottom