Another procumbens nana

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good thing the spring box store challenge isn't accepting junipers because this could be a contender. Good job. Should be a real nice tree in a couple of years.

nite_owl_studios

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@M. Frary thanks so much!! I think it will end up being a lovely tree in a couple years....there's great potential for it, just needs some time. The trunk is already fairly thick for a container grown tree...I'll be building a pot for it this year so it can go into its first bonsai pot next year.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another dope one!

Not free?

Dope as hell anyway!

Sorce

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
I really like this one. Great find, nicely done!!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
NIce work, thanks for sharing.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's definitely roughed in with more secondary wiring to be done

Thank you! I'm learning. This is only my second tree to fully style from raw stock.

Inquiry Nite Owl.....

I was wondering how long you have been doing this, and found the answer in the second quote there....

Friggin amazing work.

Roughed in? That's plumber talk, or carpenter talk, though the plumber I know called it F'ed in, lol.

Just wondering if you're a tradesman, and if you care to share which, just trying to put together my thoughts on trades in general helping one style trees. I find knowledge of copper, rebar, leverage, design or creation, of great assistance to the art. Wondering if this is why you are so good already, and if it goes across the board.

Thanks for helping me connect some dots!

Sorce

nite_owl_studios

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Inquiry Nite Owl.....

I was wondering how long you have been doing this, and found the answer in the second quote there....

Friggin amazing work.

Roughed in? That's plumber talk, or carpenter talk, though the plumber I know called it F'ed in, lol.

Just wondering if you're a tradesman, and if you care to share which, just trying to put together my thoughts on trades in general helping one style trees. I find knowledge of copper, rebar, leverage, design or creation, of great assistance to the art. Wondering if this is why you are so good already, and if it goes across the board.

Thanks for helping me connect some dots!

Sorce

Hi sorce,

Thanks for the kind words! Hahaha I guess you could say that I'm somewhat of a tradesman. I've worked in the auto collision business for about 13 years now, but my true passion is art. I'm a certified architect, but I'm currently back in school working on my Bachelors of Fine Art with a concentration in Ceramics....however, I enjoy glassblowing, sculpting, drawing and paining as well. I guess my phrasing..."roughed in" comes from my years of body repair and clay work.

I've been collecting native trees for about three years now. Most I have been letting recover, or just began work on in the past year. The two junipers that I posted recently are the only two trees that I own that I have taken from raw nursery stock to styled trees. I'm pretty happy with the results so far....I can't wait to see them 10 years from now! :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me too, Nite Owl ain't no joke huh?

All these other Nuts are just waking up!

Thanks

Sorce

Ps. The dragon pot is awesome.

nite_owl_studios

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me too, Nite Owl ain't no joke huh?

All these other Nuts are just waking up!

Thanks

Sorce

Ps. The dragon pot is awesome.
Right?!! I'm exhausted, but can't sleep! I envy those that can. Lol thanks...tre pot could have been so much better, but time got away and it dried too much to work anymore.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi Vince! It is John. This is the tree that David bright me to Nashville last year.
Good to see you here. The work you've done is really nice! David knows his way around a juniper for sure and picked you a nice one. Keep me in mind for a crescent next time you get your hands busy. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wrestler one away from Ryan ;)

nite_owl_studios

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to see you here. The work you've done is really nice! David knows his way around a juniper for sure and picked you a nice one. Keep me in mind for a crescent next time you get your hands busy. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wrestler one away from Ryan ;)

Hi Vince! Thanks fir the kind words!! David really did bring me a nice tree....I love it! It's not an easy task to find thick trunked junipers around western Kentucky. They're rare here. I haven't forgotten your crescent. I have been having some health problems recently and honestly I haven't been doing a whole lot....a few pots here and there. /: I plan to get back to it soon. I miss building.

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom