Another RMJ from Wyoming

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Collected years ago in Wyoming with Dan Robinson, his guy was recovering for years in a papoose wrap, and then this pot for three years or so - I think.

Always a bit too busy, and yet the business consisting of really great gins, I've never done too much to it, but at least the foliage is now finally growing back with a bit more gusto than in years past. I'm just now starting to give him some attention.

The little swirled formation with jins coming off of it in the center will make a nice focal point, but much of the tree's other features will need to be reduced to make that one attract attention. I'm still not sure what I'll do with him over time, but for now I'm glad he's growing more robustly.

RMJ-BXC.jpg

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is kind of what I see when I look at your tree...
image.jpg

Oh, and Hell no I didn't draw that just for you or anything.. That is just a pic I pulled off the net not a virt! LMAO

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Which... BTW, is anybody doing Bonsai in a way as to emulate shapes of creatures from fantasy or nature? Not like in a topiary/ Edward Scissorhands fashion, but more of an abstract type of look similar to the way this tree reminded me of a dragon? I have seen it "happen" where a tree is compared to a snake/ dragon/ whatever, but it always seems more of a coincidence and aside than an intentional product of styling to achieve that look.

Might make for some cool trees... Could also be real corny and contrived if not done well I guess.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Which... BTW, is anybody doing Bonsai in a way as to emulate shapes of creatures from fantasy or nature? Not like in a topiary/ Edward Scissorhands fashion, but more of an abstract type of look similar to the way this tree reminded me of a dragon? I have seen it "happen" where a tree is compared to a snake/ dragon/ whatever, but it always seems more of a coincidence and aside than an intentional product of styling to achieve that look.
Might make for some cool trees... Could also be real corny and contrived if not done well I guess.
I will most likely be trying stuff like that (when i get older).

Top Bottom