Another scotts pine

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This one is a normal scotts with a semi-dwarf variety grafted onto the branches - hence the short needles. This makes the branches coarser than normal but I'm hoping that I can reduce that with conscientious bud thinning, needle pulling infrequent water and mild starvation.
Yes the pot is too big but I was determined to get it into a drum pot and this is the only one at hand.

P1130646.JPG

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
hello, i like your tree (taper, trunk line, bark), and also the fact that your pine branches don't go down. They go up which is a natural looking of scots pines & probably other wild pine species

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
hello, i like your tree (taper, trunk line, bark), and also the fact that your pine branches don't go down. They go up which is a natural looking of scots pines & probably other wild pine species
I appreciate you noticing that. Whenever I talk about pine branches and the fact that many of us are firmly stuck in the ''bring it down'' convention, I usually get crickets in response. For most people, anything else is beyond their comprehension. Of course this is because they look at other bonsai and not trees...You might also notice that opposite the first branch is a pruning scar on the outside of the curve. I chose the one on the inside of the curve to the horror of some of my bonsai friends and I'm still happy I did.. :)

Top Bottom