Another "Talk Group" bites the dust!!

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Irene,

Since you brought me up...

You are not and never have been a moderator here.

You are not my mother.

You are the first to jump in to any heated debate and put in your own opinion while you chastise those that do the same. This on throws gas on the fire and does nothing to put it out. You hide behind this "mom" thing you have and try and sweet talk while you interject your own person beliefs while bumping the very threads that should die back to the top.

You claim you never judge a person and yet your statements above all all judgemental.

Cut the crap, you know nothing about me. Forgive and forget? would you like me to list the number of times I have given Chris the benefit of the doubt and tried to put it all behind? The last time I did so is when I agreed to let him become a editor at KoB....don't tell me what I don't do, you have no idea what you are talking about.

If I am indeed the problem, just stop calling and I'll stop coming.

And for God's sake, learn how to use the quote feature.
Will

#1 Never claimed to be the Moderator.
#2 Not your Mother either nor claimed to be.

And when I jump in where do I attempt to steer the topic?
And Yes I am human as well and do get pissed.
Not being judgemental but being very observant.
Again you are attempting to pull the Mantle of Pity on your self.
Mom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
#1 Never claimed to be the Moderator.
#2 Not your Mother either nor claimed to be.

And when I jump in where do I attempt to steer the topic?
And Yes I am human as well and do get pissed.
Not being judgemental but being very observant.
Again you are attempting to pull the Mantle of Pity on your self.
Mom

#1 Then stop jumping in and trying to solve the world's problems on every single heated exchange, let the two people invovled sort it out, you help nothing by doing so. The posts above are an excellent example, they had nothing at all to do with you, yet here you are right in the middle.....again, you are not a moderator.

#2 The "mom" act is annoying, sorry. (By the way, I am not the only one who thinks so)

Who said you "steer" the topic?

There is no mantle of pity, nor was one mentioned, this is only a attempt to divert from the actual subject. Which, by the way, was between me and Chris, what exactly are you doing in this again?

I rest my case.

You want to help this forum?

1) All posts must be subject related.

2) All posts must be bonsai related.

3) Debate the subject, not the person.

4) Delete all such posts that do not fall within 1, 2, or 3.

Simple.

Okay, it's been nice, but time to go back to doing real bonsai stuff....you remnember that right?

Will

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
#1 Then stop jumping in and trying to solve the world's problems on every single heated exchange, let the two people invovled sort it out, you help nothing by doing so. The posts above are an excellent example, they had nothing at all to do with you, yet here you are right in the middle.....again, you are not a moderator.

#2 The "mom" act is annoying, sorry. (By the way, I am not the only one who thinks so)

There is no mantle of pity, nor was one mentioned, this is only a attempt to divert from the actual subject. Which, by the way, was between me and Chris, what exactly are you doing in this again?

I rest my case.

Simple.

Okay, it's been nice, but time to go back to doing real bonsai stuff....you remnember that right?

Will

I have not posted in 4 days... why would I? Thisforum is self destructing.

So, Mr Heath has posted a EXCELLENT set of rules, and all of them are valid.

But on closer inspection, let's apply the rules to the post I quoted.

1) All posts must be subject related. (NOPE, this was a post to advise irene_b that her place is not as a moderator. But you look at Will Heath's post and it is exactly the function of a moderator to set the rules. Also this post is off the subject's topic)

2) All posts must be bonsai related. (NOPE)

3) Debate the subject, not the person. (Exactly the opposite by saying irene_b should drop the "mom" thing, it was not the subject, it was personal)

4) Delete all such posts that do not fall within 1, 2, or 3. (NOPE only the mod can do that)

beatdeadhorse.gif

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I have not posted in 4 days... why would I? Thisforum is self destructing.

So, Mr Heath has posted a EXCELLENT set of rules, and all of them are valid.

But on closer inspection, let's apply the rules to the post I quoted.

1) All posts must be subject related. (NOPE, this was a post to advise irene_b that her place is not as a moderator. But you look at Will Heath's post and it is exactly the function of a moderator to set the rules. Also this post is off the subject's topic)

2) All posts must be bonsai related. (NOPE)

3) Debate the subject, not the person. (Exactly the opposite by saying irene_b should drop the "mom" thing, it was not the subject, it was personal)

4) Delete all such posts that do not fall within 1, 2, or 3. (NOPE only the mod can do that)

beatdeadhorse.gif

LOL Thank You Dave!
I do love that beating the dead horse.....Scared the cats from laughing out loud.
Mom

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
thanks Jay_Wilson and "mom", I am channeling Ron Martin who used that image at bonsaiTALK.

good job on the quote, I think you've figured it out ;-)

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score

I rest my case.

Simple.
Will

Again you attempt to divert.
I try to steer.
And did the original post have something to do with you as well?
It is a "Open Forum" without members jumping in NO One would post!
Your chosen words attempt to lead people into the "I am being abused/misunderstood" area.
I am here as a member of this site, no different than you or anybody else.
And your suggestions are all good ideas(boring) but have merit. Question is Do you follow them?
Mom

cubbie

Yamadori
Reaction score
Speaking of BonsaiTalk, i was just over there and, guess what?????

all of the new posts since my last visit were about TREES!!! AMAZING!!!! no personal vendettas, grudges, infantile behavior. it was refreshing.

there are several notable absences over there.......

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Speaking of BonsaiTalk, i was just over there and, guess what?????

all of the new posts since my last visit were about TREES!!! AMAZING!!!! no personal vendettas, grudges, infantile behavior. it was refreshing.

there are several notable absences over there.......

LOL! I am there just wearing the cloak of invisable Mom!
Mom

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
thanks Jay_Wilson and "mom", I am channeling Ron Martin who used that image at bonsaiTALK.

good job on the quote, I think you've figured it out ;-)

LOL I miss him as well Dave....
Mom

Dale Cochoy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This:
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787
is a PERFECT example of the type of thread that needs to be deleted after the original post is made, allowing NO responses on Bnut!
It is merely a "bait" to come to a private "I'm smarter than you " group that can be more easily "moderated" by the inventor. The notion that only one catagory in this forum will be for bashing is absurd.
I sincerely hope that the adults on line HERE will ignore this site and click off immediately after realizing the concept...as I did.
At some point these newsgroups MAY turn around but allowing this type of "advertising" on this one is just the same old...same old!
Still just my opinion,
Dale

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
...ah but indeed Dale some have shown restraint and never hit the link :) Enough arguments in real life let alone arguing on purpose :):):)

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If this new forum can keep the others flowing freely and positively, I am 100% behind it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This:
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787
is a PERFECT example of the type of thread that needs to be deleted after the original post is made, allowing NO responses on Bnut!
It is merely a "bait" to come to a private "I'm smarter than you " group that can be more easily "moderated" by the inventor. The notion that only one catagory in this forum will be for bashing is absurd.
I sincerely hope that the adults on line HERE will ignore this site and click off immediately after realizing the concept...as I did.
At some point these newsgroups MAY turn around but allowing this type of "advertising" on this one is just the same old...same old!
Still just my opinion,
Dale

I think I have stated clearly exactly what that forum is and how it came about. The reason I called it "food fight" is because I wanted a place away from actual bonsai discussion for those who could not help themselves.

It's really all in fun.

And perhaps your verdict on this site was a bit premature, no?

Top Bottom