Another year... another class

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Each spring, I hold an after school bonsai seminar at the Middle School where I teach. On the last day, George Muranaka (owner of Muranaka Bonsai Nursery) comes and helps the students style a juniper. We've done it for years, and always have a good time. Now... If one of these young people sticks with it, they might be a master artist by the age of thirty.

Attachments

• web-1.jpg
    web-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 75
  • web-2.jpg
    web-2.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 79
  • web-3.jpg
    web-3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 78
  • web-bonsai-039.jpg
    web-bonsai-039.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 79

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good work, Barry. Looks like a good time for everyone.

Dave

chappy56

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well done Bary.
I always say my only regret in Bonsai is that I didn't start when I was 12.

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Cool... as a teacher myself, I would like to find a way to integrate bonsai into the curriculum. Don't want to force it though... the couple of times I've mentioned bonsai to my students they stare blankly as I rant on enthusiastically... :rolleyes:

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Cool... as a teacher myself, I would like to find a way to integrate bonsai into the curriculum. Don't want to force it though... the couple of times I've mentioned bonsai to my students they stare blankly as I rant on enthusiastically... :rolleyes:

I found if I bring in actual examples, the enthusiasm grows exponentially. I've used the trees in teaching ancient history and also in art class.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Each spring, I hold an after school bonsai seminar at the Middle School where I teach. On the last day, George Muranaka (owner of Muranaka Bonsai Nursery) comes and helps the students style a juniper. We've done it for years, and always have a good time. Now... If one of these young people sticks with it, they might be a master artist by the age of thirty.

God bless you barry! What a gift you give them!

Top Bottom