Antique Japanese Buddhist Scroll for sale

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am pretty certain this is my last antique Japanese Scroll. In Buddhism this figure with the flaming sword is Manjushri. Manjushri is ultimate knowledge and enlightenment. I am not sure of the Japanese counterpart or translation. There are two lesser deities as attendants. Other than missing one of the wood caps on the bottom runner, the scroll is in remarkable condition. Like most Buddhist Deity paintings, it is not signed to show reverence. The scroll overall is 62 x 18 inches and image is about 24 x 14 inches.
I have been holding this back because I Really like it, but I need to be rid of things rather than accumulate things at this point in life. For B nutters I am offering this before it goes to auction. Price is $225 which includes shipping within the USA.
Its a fabulous piece and I can see it in my mind hanging behind a bonsai display.
IMG_5470.JPGIMG_5471.JPG
IMG_5472.JPGIMG_5473.JPG
IMG_5474.JPGIMG_5475.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No longer available. I think I will find a space somewhere to enjoy it.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
That is a lovely scroll, too bad I don't really have a place to display a scroll like that. It is a little bit strong to pair with a tree, though it could work for a large, bold, gnarly ume in bloom. But it is a bit religious for a bonsai display.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can't find the space and found another more modern one to keep, if I can find the space for it.
Last call if anyone is interested in it for $160 with free shipping in the USA.
Sunday or Monday it goes on either Etsy or eBay.

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
It's a very nice scroll, but doesn't appeal to me like the last one did. I hope you find a buyer!

Top Bottom