Antique Japanese Scroll, Six Gods / 1750 - 1850

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of the finer Japanese scrolls that hung in my gallery upon occasion, except when I took it down planing to keep it. It is prudent now to offer it for sale. This Japanese scroll depicts Six Gods painted on silk. It is not signed, as is the case with most paintings of Deities out of respect and reverence of the Deities. It does hang but as you can see, the backing has seen better days and it should be remounted. The images are still bright and clear and the scroll has been well cared for and shows very little fading of the colors. I don't mind keeping this scroll but it lives perpetually rolled up because I don't really have a place to hang it .... and I love my cats and don't want o have to kill them. At one time I had decided to frame it with museum glass, but here it is, still rolled up as a scroll. I had this shipped from Japan about 15 plus years ago and even though it hung occasionally in the gallery at $475, I didn't really try to sell it.
The overall scroll measures about 64 x 21 inches and the painting itself is about 45 x 17-1/2 inches. Last note, in addition to the colored inks and watercolor, it is also painted with gold.
This piece will only ship in the USA and the price to fellow B nutters is $300 with shipping included.
I would prefer a check or money order, but if made to friends and family PayPal will work too.

Sorry about the picture quality. I had to use a flash because I had no where to hang it where natural light was sufficient.

IMG_5192.JPGIMG_5193.JPGIMG_5197.JPGIMG_5198.JPGIMG_5199.JPGIMG_5200.JPGIMG_5201.JPGIMG_5202.JPGIMG_5203.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Final price on this is $225. It is on eBay presently so it could disappear, but if you are interested let me know and I will remove the listing.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am always interested in the wonderful pieces you chose to surround yourself with.

These prices are very fair...

Money-havin’ individuals should be all over this!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am always interested in the wonderful pieces you chose to surround yourself with.

These prices are very fair...

Money-havin’ individuals should be all over this!
You are right. It is so inexpensive that I can only assume there is no interest.
Definitely a give away price for an authentic antique scroll.

Top Bottom