This spring I was looking forward to re-potting a juniper I got from a nursery last year into some better soil, but when I moved the pot I found that it is full of ants. I tried putting some ant poison around the drain holes of the pot and sprinkled some in from the top (wherever I could find gaps in the foliage) but the ants don't seem to have been affected. Any recommendations on a good way to rid myself of the ants. I don't recall the name of the ant poison I was using, but it seems to work well on ant mounds in the yard, just not in pots I guess. In the mean time I've been harassing them every day by squeezing the plastic pot until they come running out .