Any Auto Heads out there?

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
What are the best jumper cables/leads you can get? (without making your own) I'm sick to death of cheap Chinese crap that lets you down when you need them most.
I want something that can kick start a jumbo jet!! At least 1000 amp and not Chinese made would be good. Are there any good US or UK manufacturers left? There are some AU ones which look ok but I'm still fishing.

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
I the only set I have ever loved was the set I built out of welding cable. The one thing that welding cable has over any other pair is it’s flexiblitly. It’s more like rope then wire. I think I have seen it rated as high as 500 A, continuous use. That is a lot. With a couple pairs of ground clamps (very easy to bolt on) you will have a set that will be a family heirloom. I miss my set.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I the only set I have ever loved was the set I built out of welding cable. The one thing that welding cable has over any other pair is it’s flexiblitly. It’s more like rope then wire. I think I have seen it rated as high as 500 A, continuous use. That is a lot. With a couple pairs of ground clamps (very easy to bolt on) you will have a set that will be a family heirloom. I miss my set.
When my old man sold his engineering business, we threw out a whole lot of heavy aluminium coated, copper welding wire. I should have kept it! Too late now.
Thanks for the replies. I found Australian made 1000 amp cables for $230. Not cheap!

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Many years ago NAPA used to carry a very good set. My Father used to start his construction equipment with them on cold Michigan mornings. I don’t know if they still carry such a thing now, but they were indestructible.

Top Bottom