Any D&D players out there?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My oldest belongs to a club in college. I know he has a set of die...but mentioned he would like more at sometime.

Question: same exact dice...or a different color? When adding another set...and how many sets does one need?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Where that forest sprite dude!?

Sorce

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I know he has a set of die...but mentioned he would like more at sometime.

"Dungeons and Dragons uses any standard 7-dice set. In fact, the 7-dice set is the gaming standard because of D&D. At a minimum to play you'll need one each of: 4-sided dice, 6-sided dice, 8-sided dice, 10-sided dice, 12-sided dice, and 20-sided dice. When you buy a standard D&D dice set you'll also get a second 10-sided die that's used for percentile rolls.

While most gamers prefer to have several sets on hand so they can roll larger dice pools without needing to reroll any dice, you can roll everything that needs rolling with a single standard dungeons and dragons 7-dice set."

This site has nice sets and contains that info. Basically if you have a few sets you need to re roll ones you rolled already less...

Grimmy

AutumnWolf13

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I still have my books from the late 70's, early 80's, possibly first run editions. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of them. We used to have epic all nighters. Haven't played since about 1985.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I forgot to post the link earlier to nice sets, inexpensive too -

https://www.awesomedice.com/rpg-dice-by-game/dungeons-dragons-dice

Grimmy
Thanks...the set my son has...is there. I will add something similar...in the same brand...just another color. Opposite colors are fancied. I assumed so...but one tries to keep with the set style. For the most part. I may get him a metal set...for his birthday after discussing with him I had seen some but wasn't sure he would like them at Christmas.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Opposite colors are fancied. I assumed so...but one tries to keep with the set style.

The standard 7 die sets are all the same but different colors make overall rolling and re-rolling easier as does having more sets. ;) Kind of difficult to explain until you have pulled a few all nighters playing :oops:

Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The standard 7 die sets are all the same but different colors make overall rolling and re-rolling easier as does having more sets. ;) Kind of difficult to explain until you have pulled a few all nighters playing :oops:

Grimmy
Yes, I am going to buy several sets from the set he bought...of other colors. I actually seen on Amazon...a set offering his...and like several more all of the same group style. Will most likely get that.

I am sure your right...That I can't grasp the need for the dice...as one who has played. Thanks...you mentioning that. Has me buying the larger set...than just one more set.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I still have my books from the late 70's, early 80's, possibly first run editions. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of them. We used to have epic all nighters. Haven't played since about 1985.
Me, too... I like to look at the pictures:D.

Top Bottom