Any Good Advice on Bonsai Forests?

AHodie11

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Oops! You're right!

I meant Blue "Shore", the needly ones. F them!

That trunk is pimp!

Thanks for ... pointing....that out!

Mines gonna die if I don't remoss the roots!
View attachment 370207

View attachment 370208

Sorce
That’s super awesome! Definitely protect those roots because that’s an awesome piece of bonsai work you have done.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oops! You're right!

I meant Blue "Shore", the needly ones. F them!

That trunk is pimp!

Thanks for ... pointing....that out!

Mines gonna die if I don't remoss the roots!
View attachment 370207

View attachment 370208

Sorce
Ya know, I use a 12" industrial grade scissors to shape clouds on my Junipers much the same a Walter Pall does hedging. I do it every autumn and they look like crap with the wounded edges all over, but I don't get many guests in winter, so who cares. They sprout in spring and look like a million bucks with a new head and nicely shaped. Pinching is an awful job and I have 9, some pretty big. It takes a day or two for the tips to brown up after pinching so I pinch the few stragglers the day before a showing and they are nearly perfect. There is no other way to live. I wouldn't own a needle Juniper, or I should say I have had and regret every minute.

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I know you said evergreens, but take a look in your local green belts and parks for saplings that grow well in your area.
I have two mini forests a little over a year old made of saplings I have found under a mother plant.....one consists of ginkgo saplings and the other of liquidambar saplings. Both free. Both tough. Both deciduous.

Likely to find bald cypress in Florida.
Hey how is that gingko sapling Forest making out I literally plucked 13 from underneath a mother plant in the city while I was working

Attachments

• 20210922_164135.jpg
    20210922_164135.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 7

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have two mini forests a little over a year old made of saplings I have found under a mother plant.....one consists of ginkgo saplings
I'm trying to decide if to plant them Forest Isle or to attempt a fusion I think I may have talked enough to try both

Top Bottom