any grit sources?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Careful with the ingredients, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is bad news.

Will

ptjeff

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,

Just when i thought i knew enough...pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? Is that the green slimey stuff you get on you soil mix when you sneeze during the sifting process?

Jeffrey

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is "a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust found in volcanoes" and this dust sometimes can be found in lava rock and some sands from certain areas. It is "a special form of silicosis caused by ultra-microscopic particles of silica volcanic dust..."

It is also the longest word ever to appear in an English language dictionary (for those who like trivia) thanks to puzzle lovers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Will

ptjeff

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the "heads up"
I thought you were just offering up a gag.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is "a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust found in volcanoes" and this dust sometimes can be found in lava rock and some sands from certain areas. It is "a special form of silicosis caused by ultra-microscopic particles of silica volcanic dust..."

Thanks Willlllllllllllll!!!!!!
But down here where I'm from (zone_5_illinois) we call it "silicosis of the lung" or "Sand Lung". We (in our area) do alot with the mining of the silica that everyone takes for granted day to day.
Now back to the rest of the story ( P.Harvey), when I mix any bulk soil amendments I usually have a mask on hand, so should anyone not knowing what they're concocting.
I personally use Turface, for simplicity reasons.
but thanks again for all the input from all,
I'll try some of your ideas too, (always looking for improvement)
KJ

Top Bottom