Any Ideas??

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I got this stainless tub a while back and have been brainstorming on how to use it. I'm thinking of building a wood A-frame roof with clear poly panels and use it as a propagation box or possibly a mini greenhouse. It's 3' x 3' and 2' deep. I'm going to get a friend to weld a couple stainless drains on it for me. Can anyone think of another use for it?

Attachments

• 20210408_123600.jpg
    20210408_123600.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 48

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Easy Bake Oven. If you put plants in it, keep it out of the sun.
I was thinking of using the top during winter. Would it still get too hot in there? Thought of filling it half way with fine mulch or a good grow material.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Super repot station, with nice hose, screened catcher

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Stainless will conduct heat really well. that means it will get hot in the day and cold at night. Not really desirable as a propagator unless you can add lots of insulation.

Pest resistant storage for fertilizer, seeds, etc.
Mixing tray for liquid fertilizer.
Mixing tray for home made organic fertilizer cakes.
Soaking tub for the ones that get a bit dry on a hot summer day.

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Stainless will conduct heat really well. that means it will get hot in the day and cold at night. Not really desirable as a propagator unless you can add lots of insulation.

Pest resistant storage for fertilizer, seeds, etc.
Mixing tray for liquid fertilizer.
Mixing tray for home made organic fertilizer cakes.
Soaking tub for the ones that get a bit dry on a hot summer day.
I actually thought about lining it with sheet insulation and tracking the temp and humidity inside (without plants) to see what it does

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was thinking of using the top during winter. Would it still get too hot in there? Thought of filling it half way with fine mulch or a good grow material.
We get into the 80's over here during winter, from time to time, and I suspect you're the same. What is the attraction of this container? You can buy a couple of concrete mixing tubs from Home Depot for less than $20 (the smaller size). They'll warm up when the sun hits them, to be sure, but I'm thinking your steel container is going to get too hot to touch. Roots won't take too much heat.

sfeagan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
We get into the 80's over here during winter, from time to time, and I suspect you're the same. What is the attraction of this container? You can buy a couple of concrete mixing tubs from Home Depot for less than $20 (the smaller size). They'll warm up when the sun hits them, to be sure, but I'm thinking your steel container is going to get too hot to touch. Roots won't take too much heat.
I may not even use it for plants but that was the first thing to come to mind. It's hard to get a hold of items like this for free. Just trying to get ideas what to use it for. Thanks for the input

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I may not even use it for plants but that was the first thing to come to mind. It's hard to get a hold of items like this for free. Just trying to get ideas what to use it for. Thanks for the input
No problem. I hear you, there has to be a use for that container but I doubt it will be for bonsai.

Top Bottom