Any midwesterners want landscape yews?

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi folks,

I don't post here often, but some of you may know me from BT.

My mother-in-law wants a yew hedge removed this year. There are 18 trunks in the hedge, all 20 - 25 years in her yard. I can only handle two or three for my own collection. Anyone interested in a dig this fall? I'll have to dig these all out myself unless I get some help in exchange for free trees.

She lives on the south side of Indianapolis, within a couple of hours drive of Louisville, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus. If people are interested, we can schedule a date in Sept/Oct. I'll provide a BBQ lunch and/or dinner, drinks, etc.

Any midwesterners want to take me up on this?

Brian

ovation22

Mame
Reaction score
Brian,

Any chance of some pictures?

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, I'm here from Colorado without my camera. I won't likely return until fall when we dig these things up. Most of the trunks are 5 - 6 inches in diameter. Some are multi-trunks at ground level, most are single trunks that quickly branch into multiples.

Brian

ovation22

Mame
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm here from Colorado without my camera. I won't likely return until fall when we dig these things up. Most of the trunks are 5 - 6 inches in diameter. Some are multi-trunks at ground level, most are single trunks that quickly branch into multiples.

Brian

Brian,

That was mostly my question/concern is what the trunk situation was. I could be interested. Keep me posted.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, it was brought to my attention that it was perhaps unrealistic to expect someone to drive from Chicago to the south side of Indianapolis in "a couple of hours". Sorry.

Anyway, I'm thinking of an early October weekend, and will certainly keep you both informed. If you have any suggestions for dates that work for you I'd like to hear them. Otherwise, I'll send you a PM when I have a date.

Brian

Top Bottom