Any nutters also into watches?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I've collected watches for around 46 years, This is around half of what I have but the rest are non runners that I used to scavenge parts from when I used to repair them as a hobby before my hands became to arthritic to keep hold of the tools!!
InoU7e8.jpg

I've bought many more since I took this pic and don't fancy doing it again as it took an hour to set them out for one pic then put them all away!! 😁

Here's a few of my faves that I bought since the pic..

Bulova Red Devil Diver reissue..
Zk3p64o.jpg

Bulova UHF mil style..
5rirXhi.jpg

Panther 09/100 limited edition auto with Sapphire crystal.
xbY7j8w.jpg
8pW26PJ.jpg

Hamilton Khaki Qtz..
nPLuFF8.jpg

Seiko 5 Sports auto, Can't remember the product code!
TbyIP2A.jpg

Seiko 007
Kf9aIZ7.jpg

Victorinox Auto chronograph..
lePpTjQ.jpg
qNzt0eb.jpg

Orient Mako 2 auto..
JMFNjV0.jpg

Dan Henry 1963 'Blackbird' Chrono, 1963 is the amount of pieces produced in the run, Mine is Number 0348.
tQmbWTH.jpg
xzPgR56.jpg

Seiko Velatura with Sapphire crystal..
XebkCN7.jpg

Limited Edition Seiko5, No idea how 'Limited' the production run was, Could be a million!! 😁
VpGFfMT.jpg

This old Rotary Aquaplunge may be in the pic but I pulled it out of a drawer a year or two ago, It had been in there for around twenty years and i'd forgotten about it, It had stopped working when I put it in, Anyhow, I helped the centrewheel with a small driver, It forced whatever was stopping it out of the way so I gafve the movement a good blow out and replaced the caseback, On the timer it's +/- 0 seconds! 😲, Not a single other watch of mine does that!! I can't believe that the lume still holds a charge, It's a 1970's watch!!
69XNea4.jpg
FggFsHK.jpg

There's loads more not in the pic but I don't want to flood the forum too much 😬

John 👍
And guys think women have too many shoes........🤔

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like to look at watches but my watch budget seems to be tied up in trees. I do have an inexpensive Soviet era watch that actually works quite well, if you remember to wind it the right way. It does sorta feel like like dial is going to ping off into the distance from a Looney Toons Acme spring, but it’s held together well and has been relatively waterproof.

I haven’t picked it up in awhile - it’s actually running, though the time is wrong. There’s a lesson here.

I am accepting applications from professional manicurists.

rKwf16t.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Got my Casio x Rubik’s watch last week. I really like it. Size and weight are good. Aesthetics are nice. I only wear it when going out. My Fitbit is beat up from hitting it on wall corners and countertops at home

May get a normal Gshock for daily use and use the Rubik’s now and then

Attachments

• 1C06A4A4-9553-4DB5-986C-83EEAE0FE626.png
    1C06A4A4-9553-4DB5-986C-83EEAE0FE626.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 8

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I like to look at watches but my watch budget seems to be tied up in trees. I do have an inexpensive Soviet era watch that actually works quite well, if you remember to wind it the right way. It does sorta feel like like dial is going to ping off into the distance from a Looney Toons Acme spring, but it’s held together well and has been relatively waterproof.

I haven’t picked it up in awhile - it’s actually running, though the time is wrong. There’s a lesson here.

I am accepting applications from professional manicurists.

rKwf16t.jpg
Nice ..Are you an oligarch? 😂 😂 😂

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Got this George brand from WalMart yesterday for $9 to replace my silver cased one I used as a reserve firefighter for 2 yrs. It’s lost in a bin sometime between 3 separate moves

I hope it appears, but I got this one as a new daily driver. I think I actually like the gunmetal color more than a silver color

Attachments

• B0E669D5-FCA2-4075-90EE-0018736318AB.jpeg
    B0E669D5-FCA2-4075-90EE-0018736318AB.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 4

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've been way down the watch rabbit hole. Makes my bonsai habit look silly in comparison. I had as many as 24 at one point - mostly Seiko divers and vintage Seiko chronos from the 70s with some Hamilton's thrown in there for good measure. I sold some off, consolidated to some nicer stuff and ended up with about 12. Another round of consolidation and upgrading got me down to 6. I finally got myself down to 3 just recently. I try not to think about how much I spent to end up with these.

Diver for everyday, Moonwatch for a change of pace and gshock for yard and bonsai work.

download.jpeg

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Damn good three watch collection @VAFisher
Thanks, yeah I had to go through a lot of watches to learn what I really like. Realized I had a problem when I was planning my next purchase before the last one even arrived. I decided to put the brakes on and just go with a small collection I really like.

Some nice watches in your collection as well. I had the blue 58 at one point and thought it was awesome. Just a little small for my wrist.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Casio World Clock. I really like it

Only downside is at least once a day, it gets switched to NYC time, and so freak out for a second before I realize I need to put it back to local time, lol

Attachments

• 319078F2-C1A7-4BF6-9C17-F0DBAB8BE5BC.jpeg
    319078F2-C1A7-4BF6-9C17-F0DBAB8BE5BC.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 2

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Had a walk around a local TK Maxx store recently and spotted this Hamilton Khaki Pioneer Pilot (Aluminium) on sale, Loved it but resisted buying it, Later when I was home it was niggling at me, Had to go back for it! ☺️
RASmi3N.jpg
lYFFwqm.jpg

The watch has an 80 hour power reserve- Almost double of any of my other watches!!
3Bjhot6.jpg

Also have a Qtz King Khaki too..
0sC7Kwr.jpg

John 👍

Top Bottom