Any nutters also into watches?

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Citizen eco drive is my favorite. I don't think I'll ever buy another brand of watch.

Also, I HATE those metal elastic bands that won't leave hair attached to my wrist and other metal ones feel like lead on my arm. Leather is where it's at for me.IMG_7011.JPG

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Curious to know if any of you other bonsai folks are into watches as well...

I work in a corporate setting and slacks, shirts and ties get old quick. I've always been a fan and have a good mix but have taken a stronger interest in them over the last 6 months. Not sure where the attraction comes from but i enjoy learning about the different styles, movements etc.. The higher end stuff(rolex, omega, tudor etc) are not justifiable for me but i still enjoy looking at them!
So if you are into them, post up what you are wearing!

I'm rocking the classic pepsi seiko SKX today. Has to be the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn.

130BC3F6-CA91-48C7-8C06-3FE728014FFB.jpeg

Last edited:

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m a watch fan. My wife has gotten me watches for different occasions, anniversary, birthday etc...and for Christmas this year had a watch box custom made in Poland for me.
Tag Heuer chrono, Movado and a cool one from a small outfit in the pacific nw. It has rosewood bezel and inlay in the band.
33C99F53-653C-49B6-A45E-6945B99904B9.jpeg01599B68-501B-4C2C-B569-1E3C442386B0.jpeg

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I've not worn a watch properly for about 20 years I think but did receive a Galaxy watch recently, probably not really what you meant but it's pretty nifty.
I was outside doing some tiling yesterday when my watch started ringing, lol. So you can make and receive phone calls on it which is good as I would not of got to the phone in time. I can also watch Spongebob on it. It's the future.
Not so keen on the fitness side of it and I certainly don't need my watch telling me I have not moved for a while so why don't you do some basic excercises. That got switched off pretty quick. Also not keen on it telling me I'm having a heart attack when it's just a whitey either. Turned the heart rate monitor off as well.
It's constantly buzzing and beeping too, should investigate why.

It can even have a bonsai on the watch face. Need to check if I can crate my own watch face, probably, don't know half of what this thing can do.

thumbnailf.jpg

Reaction score
nice watch!! and it's especially cool that it has been passed on to you. Sentimental value is special and you have a nice looking watch to boot.

Keep the pics coming!

Yeah thanks! I'm very happy with it. It probably needs a service though. My dad's kept it in a toolbox in the shed for over 20 years. How it still runs is beyond me. Swiss and their toys :)

Reaction score
And as promised, the photo of my Takano: WhatsApp Image 2020-01-16 at 14.47.33.jpeg
Takano is a Japanese brand that made watches from 1957 to 1962, until their production was halted by a hurricane and bankruptcy. They haven't made a ton of watches and this particular one also needs a service as it doesn't even remotely run on time lol. There's also a lil crack in the glass but that's barely noticable from most angles. It looks great under formal attire and does the peacocking trick well :)

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
My high school graduation gift from my parents fifty years ago.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice watches Paul. never sell em...

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have no idea how I screwed up that reply to the OP at #22.
0DB31035-F6FF-44A1-BD55-4E7BFD1FB114.jpeg
Left to right:
Seiko. SKX009 “Pepsi dial”, and the original, the SKX007. This was the first automatic ever ISO-certified as a professional dive watch for use at 200 meters.
Then a watch from Ferrari, the dial being an homage to the dashboard dials of the 250GT.
The red one is from MOMO design, makers of racing gear, fire suits, etc., mid-90’s from my racing days.
Next to that is a Cartier ‘Tank Francaise ’ knock-off, a gift from a very dear friend from her first business trip to China.
The dress watch is from Tiffany, a gift from the current mrs. We went to visit my son at Cambridge, and our hotel room was burglarized. I lost a 14K round dress watch, also from Tiffany, and a TAG Formula One. At Christmas there was a new watch under the tree.
Last is a Citizen Aqualand Promaster I bought in 1995, to wear while diving and taking fish pictures in French Polynesia. Unfortunately I just found out last week that the movement has failed, and no replacements are available anymore. Cool watch—all analog, and it showed current depth, maximum depth, and decompression time. Now it’s basically a shiny paperweight.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Had me a birthday a couple of days ago and me Ma bought me the first watch I’ve owned in years. Whole shebang is wooden, bar the movement, the glass, hands and clasp. No maker’s mark, the wood grain looks Asian, so nothing fancy but I like it!
BDD1598A-33D0-49B1-A50F-DCAA52EA8E17.jpeg

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Had me a birthday a couple of days ago and me Ma bought me the first watch I’ve owned in years. Whole shebang is wooden, bar the movement, the glass, hands and clasp. No maker’s mark, the wood grain looks Asian, so nothing fancy but I like it!
View attachment 279205
Ha, I just realised how tiny my fingers look in this photo! Maybe perspective is Trumps problem....🖐

Top Bottom