Any tridents in NYC still dormant?

rrgg126

Yamadori
Reaction score
Mine still hasn't been showing any type of swelling yet so I'm a bit concerned. Anybody else have anything similar?

small trees

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I have one just now waking up and i'm in south georgia.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Im out on LI. I have a trunk I bought a couple of months ago from Michigan.
I had it out all last week in the sun and the 50s and 60s afternoon temps. It is just now starting to show signs of life.

I wouldnt worry yet.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
i'm on LI as well, buds are swollen and about to open. Give it some more time. I've had mine in full sun everyday except for last two days due to cold when I moved everything in shed.

rrgg126

Yamadori
Reaction score
The branches are very brittle but some are still malleable. Cambium is still green tho.

Dirty Nails

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
In Nashville 1 out of 5 in the ground has not opened and 1 out of 4 in pots has not opened. I don't know what to think.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
I have some tridents with leaves opening, some with bids swelling and others showing little movement. Its all part of the process. With the winter we had, it may be late May before some wake up. Heck, we had snow yesterday. Its still early even though its late.

rrgg126

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have some tridents with leaves opening, some with bids swelling and others showing little movement. Its all part of the process. With the winter we had, it may be late May before some wake up. Heck, we had snow yesterday. Its still early even though its late.

Wow may?!? That's crazy I didn't know it can take that long

Top Bottom