anybody brave enought to let lacewings loose in your house to eat mealybugs?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I released 500 ladybugs in our plant lab at school. Janitor would not talk to me for a year!
Back when I grew Chiles primarily.. I would collect many local ladybugs....

The FIRST year... I collected ANY creature that RESEMBLED a ladybug.... THAT..... was a mistake.

🤣🤣

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
some chick on youtube lets predatory insects loose in her house a lot. She lives in california though so they probably just open the windows and let some escape if it gets out of hand. Might be a bit much to do in December/January in Lancaster
There are alcoholics, drug addicts, murderers, nudists, politicians, preachers of every stripe, el al all over the place. Just because we say, do, believe or disbelieve something doesn't mean it's right, or wrong for that matter. Fortunately, we can make up our own minds, -sort of. If I bought bugs and let them go in the house I would find my plant remains on the sidewalk in-between the shards of pots and underneath my clothes and personal items.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As long as it's live, I believe your safe....I mean, this guy seems fine? 😁 :cool::cool::cool:

View attachment 341083
I was thinking about a more global challenge..

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was at the end of my rope with a mealy bug infestation. I dumped a ton of rubbing alcohol on my fukian tea and it did work. Sprayed the leaves heavily too. Not sure about neem or soap. The leaves were sticky from the bugs for a few months but the tree made a full recovery.

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
water/hydrogen peroxide solution. a strong one

you tried neem?
Doesn't hydrogen peroxide pick up an atom and become water after a few hours? Not sure why i know this but it is also a good thing to drink if you want to induce vomiting. ...for those really special moments when you think about your ex.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Doesn't hydrogen peroxide pick up an atom and become water after a few hours? Not sure why i know this but it is also a good thing to drink if you want to induce vomiting. ...for those really special moments when you think about your ex.
i mouthwash with it daily, you could be right about what you said. w proper ratio it can be beneficial to a struggling plant. almost fertilizes it. prob burns the insects, sizzles them out

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Since I've seen no Centipedes in my indoor stuff, nothing but problems.

#notacoincidence

Sorce

Top Bottom