Anybody ever try desert willow?

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So I've never seen one before note have I heard it spoken about.

The catalpa thread is what made me think about my little desert willow cuttings. They are in the same family, and I thought the desert willow would make a better candidate because of leaf size.

I don't have any specimens yet (on the hunt) but I do have a couple cuttings, and the first one has just begun to bloom. Another thing I love about these trees is when it rains or you water the foliage it releases a very pungent yet pleasing smell.

So here's my little cuttings.20160608_070949.jpg 14653922773581057225161.jpgAnd the bloom20160608_072613.jpg
So if you've got a desert willow in your collection, let's see it! I'd be interested if anyone has a nice one.

Aaron

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Pretty cool! I was just thinking the other day that a Desert Willow would make a nice looking Bonsai because of their interesting shapes. Good luck with it and please post progress pics....

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Pretty cool! I was just thinking the other day that a Desert Willow would make a nice looking Bonsai because of their interesting shapes. Good luck with it and please post progress pics....
I've been looking for a desert willow in town that I could airlayer a branch off of because they have some amazing movement.

Aaron

Top Bottom