Anybody heard of Steve Ziebarth?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
i recently bought a tree for a high price (high for me anyway), because i just fell in love with tree and i had to have it! im sure yall know what i mean lol but anyways part of the pricy pricetag was because its in a pot that he said was worth 200$
now i dont know a single thing about pots or artists so just wanted some feedback, i googled him and he seems to have some crazy nice looking pots but just asking around to get more info if i can

Attachments

• EC264E58-90C8-46A9-B0FF-82A80A5EB275.png
    EC264E58-90C8-46A9-B0FF-82A80A5EB275.png
    225 KB · Views: 108

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I know him personally and yes that pot is worth the money. His stuff is on the Facebook auction once in a while and regularly goes for those prices and higher.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
I know him personally and yes that pot is worth the money. His stuff is on the Facebook auction once in a while and regularly goes for those prices and higher.

ahh glad to hear that! yes i do like how the pot looks but i just have NO clue on pottery whatsoever so was just making sure i didnt overpay for it
and yes i bought it off of there

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
So cool!
If I had a pot like this, I don’t think I could even use It.
Wouldn’t want the Tree competing with such an interesting pot.
Maybe a very simple tree would balance it out though 🧐

right? idk anyhing bout pots but that is a very interesting pot i wouldnt mind owning lol soo unique and the skill is crazy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
ohh i bet, i been doing some reasearh and his pottery is damn near amazing ! pretty happy with my purchase, the pot i got is early work from him that he made for one of his trees so its def worth some money

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I own the carved crab glazed round and the carved basket/crab rectangle pictured above. His pots are 100% worth the money. He's a true artist - not someone how just sorta tinkers with clay (although he's too humble to give himself that much credit). He strives to make his pots thin-walled and highly functional. I believe he teaches college art, but I'm not positive.

His smaller rounds like yours go for about $200. Add some carving (usually crabs, but he's carved other themes as well) and the price really starts to go up. The carved basket/crab rectangle was about $750 if I remember correctly. That's crazy expensive, but the attention to detail is amazing. He makes so few pots and sells even fewer, so they're difficult to come by. My opinion - hang on to the pot. Or sell it to me if you decide to let it go! :p

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
I own the carved crab glazed round and the carved basket/crab rectangle pictured above. His pots are 100% worth the money. He's a true artist - not someone how just sorta tinkers with clay (although he's too humble to give himself that much credit). He strives to make his pots thin-walled and highly functional. I believe he teaches college art, but I'm not positive.

His smaller rounds like yours go for about $200. Add some carving (usually crabs, but he's carved other themes as well) and the price really starts to go up. The carved basket/crab rectangle was about $750 if I remember correctly. That's crazy expensive, but the attention to detail is amazing. He makes so few pots and sells even fewer, so they're difficult to come by. My opinion - hang on to the pot. Or sell it to me if you decide to let it go! :p

ahh wow nice bro! and yeah i def made the right choice he is a great artist forsure 👍🏻 lol thanks man but i think ima hold onto it its my very 1st real “bonsai” tree and my very 1st real nice pot and forsure my most expensive lol

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
His pots are magnificent. As a potter myself, I was gob-smacked when I first saw this pots. I’d say they are some of the best of the best being made anywhere.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know I will get resistance here, but let me say I am also a potter and this work is astounding and far beyond my skill level. The one that the op shows is a fantastic bonsai pot that I would aspire towards. The crab pots are unbelievably skillful, and I would love to have one as a piece of art but there is no way I would plant in it ... for multiple reasons.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
I know I will get resistance here, but let me say I am also a potter and this work is astounding and far beyond my skill level. The one that the op shows is a fantastic bonsai pot that I would aspire towards. The crab pots are unbelievably skillful, and I would love to have one as a piece of art but there is no way I would plant in it ... for multiple reasons.

damn thats crazy 🤯 good to know though forsure man

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

What's funny is that the dude is humble af, too. If he heard you say that he'd probably be like, "it came out ok".

Top Bottom