Anybody here of a product called Reliant?

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Heard this was great for maples suffering from verticulum wilt or ancanthrose for any fungus it is systemic which is why I am reluctant?

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Actually, I have more "faith" in systemics actually working over topical sprays. Generally the systems are effective and if used at label strength (no higher) and applied at frequency recommended, they are pretty safe. With all pesticides, & fungicides do not mix up more than you will use. It is disposal of the excess of any pesticide that is a major part of the problem.

We have come a long way since the "bad old days of Benomyl"

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't trust anything with "instructions" in the title.

This telling you it's reliable...

Is like a hooker with the name "stdfree".

Sorce

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm not familiar with this one. My cheat sheet says it is a Group 33 fungicide in the phosphonate group. Its method of action is unknown. It is a single-acting fungicide, so potentially can develop resistant strains, but it's listed as low risk.

It is listed for the diseases you are concerned about so if it has been recommended for maples it may be worth trying.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I don't trust anything with "instructions" in the title.

This telling you it's reliable...

Is like a hooker with the name "stdfree".

Sorce
What street does she work? I'm a cheapskate. 😍

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Actually, I have more "faith" in systemics actually working over topical sprays. Generally the systems are effective and if used at label strength (no higher) and applied at frequency recommended, they are pretty safe. With all pesticides, & fungicides do not mix up more than you will use. It is disposal of the excess of any pesticide that is a major part of the problem.

We have come a long way since the "bad old days of Benomyl"
I’ll second this.

I cleared up a maple with this methodology, I got it because the previous owner thought it had verticillium and was giving up.

Symptoms looked more like really bad anthracnose with a nutrient deficiency to me. I used high rates of four different systemic fungicides, and the tree was disease free going into fall, I’ll see what it looks like when it leafs out.

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Heard this was great for maples suffering from verticulum wilt or ancanthrose for any fungus it is systemic which is why I am reluctant?
While the active ingredient in reliant is probably one of the most systemic “fungicides” out there it is not the most powerful, it is best used for prevention.

KLSbonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I am familiar with Reliant and others that are the same ingredients but sold under other brand names. At my company we primarily use it for root rot diseases in turf. We have used it in tree and shrub drenches but have found it less effective as other fungicides. It has been effective for us on rhododendrons and mt laurels as a preventative drench for root rot diseases. I buy under the name Resyst from Regal Chemical company. You might also find it sold as Agrofos.

Jzack605

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Use it often in tree care. Root drenches, bark applications and occasionally spraying foliage. Most applications are for phytophothora and occasional bacterial scorch or mildew foliage applications. It’s very effective and has curative as well as preventative. It works by stimulating plant defenses, but also believed to have effect on the actual pathogen. You can attain the same effects by using fertilizers with a high potassium analysis.

I wouldn’t say it does much for VW directly, since nothing does, but it would probably help prevent it by the notion it helps stimulate and strengthen the trees defenses.

Top Bottom