Anybody know about buying trees from Bonsai Focus?

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
http://www.bonsaifocus.com/index.php?page=webshop&cid=10&scid=10&pg=1

I assume these are coming over from Europe... They have some nice material for sale, some at decent prices... Just wondering if this would have to go through quarantine like trees from Japan, or if you could just get it sent straight to you like it was coming from inside the US?

They have nice tools and pots as well, but some of those little Pines are really cool as are a few others. the more expensive, larger trees are fantastic looking stock, but a little out of my price range..

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I checked the link and it looks like the prices are in english pounds, that would make the 59.95 Zelkova Nire $100.04 U.S. dollars and the Zelkova Serrata $609.11. Seems kind of pricey to me.

ed

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I checked the link and it looks like the prices are in english pounds, that would make the 59.95 Zelkova Nire $100.04 U.S. dollars and the Zelkova Serrata $609.11. Seems kind of pricey to me.

ed

I tried to link it with the dollar amounts changed to USD- the chart in the top left allows you to switch to a few different currencies. They use commas instead of periods which threw me off at first, but I think the amounts showing are US dollar amounts... Most the trees are priced above what I can drop on a tree right now anyway, but some of the smaller ones are very affordable!

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I tried to link it with the dollar amounts changed to USD- the chart in the top left allows you to switch to a few different currencies. They use commas instead of periods which threw me off at first, but I think the amounts showing are US dollar amounts... Most the trees are priced above what I can drop on a tree right now anyway, but some of the smaller ones are very affordable!

Didn't see that lol ! The page I seen had the pound symbol on the price's. I missed the conversion thing, I will have to go back and check it out some time. Won't be as exciting now that Beng said "I don't think they export to the US." :(

ed

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Didn't see that lol ! The page I seen had the pound symbol on the price's. I missed the conversion thing, I will have to go back and check it out some time. Won't be as exciting now that Beng said "I don't think they export to the US." :(

ed

Would be cool if they did though! :)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Would be cool if they did though! :)

Yeah that sucks! I got excited I guess when I saw the option for USD... Why would people in Europe want to ay with US dollars?

Oh well... I probably wasn't going to buy one any way... Just curious.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ed, the symbol you saw was for Euros, not Pounds.

Top Bottom