Anyone Collect in NH, or Southern Maine?

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have family that I visit frequently in Portsmith and Milton New Hampshire. Anyone collect in this area? P.m. me if you are interested in having someone join along.

Will trade labor and homebrew for local Yamadori!!!

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
@Soldano666 is the man to ask about New Hampshire! He has scored a bunch of beauty collected material!
You gotta come down. We can hike a couple spots and or hit the islands where jack pine and larch by the acreful. Wind beat and wave smashed. @Stillwater has the hotspots near Baxter st park and Mt Kahtahdin. Make a camping/hotel trip this spring. Might try to organize an event at stillwater

Stillwater

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You gotta come down. We can hike a couple spots and or hit the islands where jack pine and larch by the acreful. Wind beat and wave smashed. @Stillwater has the hotspots near Baxter st park and Mt Kahtahdin. Make a camping/hotel trip this spring. Might try to organize an event at stillwater

We have access to just under 300,000 acres of land in New Hampshire for Yamadori. Ranging from Laconia and Belmont norther NH by Berlin, Dummer & Milan. The best yamadori location we have found in the state of NH was up near Dixville Notch. We have only scouted about 15,000 of the 300k+ acres we have permission to, but there are lots of great spots. we have never came back empty handed.

With access to so much acreage in Maine, we only go to NH maybe once or twice in the spring to hunt, we usually spend a few weeks in fall scouting new area, but don't collect in the fall. We do offer guided hunts as a service in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and upstate NewYork. They range from $100 up to $2,500 for the day depending on location and means of access. i.e. if we have to rent a helicopter to get into the collection area, or a plane to get to the island the cost is pretty high, If we can take the boats to get in, the cost is cheaper than if we need air travel but higher than if we can just drive in and hike and so on and so on. Either way, we've never done a guided hunt where someone left empty handed.

@Brewing and Bonsai if you want to do a guided hunt on permitted land in the spring just let us know and we can get it scheduled for when you are in NH. Most places in NH would run between $100 & $250 for the day and cover the permits for the trees you would collect. You could always just go knock on peoples doors and ask to scout the land behind their houses and go for free, but we have written permission from land owners and forest management companies for the best areas as well as all the required permits for taking collected material across county/state lines.

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Older thread but I'm near the NH/MA border and was curious if you may know of some NH/southern coastal ME areas that are free or cheap permits to look for yamadori. Any ideas? Was thinking about scoping out this fall.

Thanks!

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Older thread but I'm near the NH/MA border and was curious if you may know of some NH/southern coastal ME areas that are free or cheap permits to look for yamadori. Any ideas? Was thinking about scoping out this fall.

Thanks!
Not sure about obtaining permits. I usually scope out friends and family's and family's of friends properties to obtain new trees. Ocallsionally businesses will let you rummage through the woods on thier properties as well. For example the grocery store near me has an abundance of amur growing down the hill into the woods. All growing from seeds that have blown off the parking lot trees. Also found a couple small scots and American elm on the same property.

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Im near mass pike and 495, in Mass, but am willing to travel and join in if anyone wants to plan something. Im fortunate to have a few locations to go through and still am, I prepped a few for 2019 late winter/spring collection, but im down for a good hunt. Someone mentioned Jack pine and larch, which I have yet to find any, so hit me up.
Happy hunting! obviously we might have to schedule around PATS games. :)

Top Bottom