Anyone else hear about this???

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Friend of mine just sent me this, surprised I didn't see a thread about it already on here...

Bonsai thief steals $118,000 of tiny trees...

My heart goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Iimura, hopefully the trees are found and returned. If not though, I can only hope that the thief listens to Mr. Iimura's plea to take care of the plants, especially the Simpaku. To loose a centuries old wild-collected juniper would be a grave loss for bonsai.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Friend of mine just sent me this, surprised I didn't see a thread about it already on here...

Bonsai thief steals $118,000 of tiny trees...

My heart goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Iimura, hopefully the trees are found and returned. If not though, I can only hope that the thief listens to Mr. Iimura's plea to take care of the plants, especially the Simpaku. To loose a centuries old wild-collected juniper would be a grave loss for bonsai.

Probably the related theft mentioned in this story:
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/theft-works-the-same-way-in-japan.36759/
Old Shimpaku junipers are bringing high prices in China and Vietnam apparently

WesB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw it on Boon’s social media then a friend later tagged me in the same story but from a different news page. The pictures of the tree are different in both stories. One is using the Hiroshima pine that at D.C., silly.

Boerboel313

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I did see it. But did you see how large their property is and how many trees they have? A hecter is 2.2 acres. So they have 10,000 acres and 3000 trees.
How on earth do you secure that much property from thieves? I’d beat that they have had many trees walk from the property.

Top Bottom