Anyone from the Cincinnati bonsai club

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I really respect Adam Lavigne...and hear he might be going to be up that way for a demo come spring. Might have to make time to swing by...actually I am 95% sure I am going. Curious if any members here are part of that club.

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Super excited about this up and coming trip... B&B booked for coming in a day early and leaving the on Friday, so a three day trip. Might even sneak in a special treat come Friday. 😎 The VP of the club is a member of a group on Facebook I am affiliated with...so also looking forward to meeting up with him. And well anyone who wants to talk bonsai. Now...mentally reminding myself...I pronounce words wrong...try not to embarrass yourself Darlene. Bone Sigh...yeah, I blunder on that one.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've this one sitting out...to take just for direction to chew over. My chosen front...isn't the front of the pot but the side. So can the side of an oval pot be a front? It's oblong in shape...fits well in the pot. So taking it so ones can see it in person.
image (11).jpg
Also taking this stick in the pot to give away. It was a cutting the seller sent with the exposed root forsythia. I've kept it hidden in the greenhouse up to this point. It's just not for me. But a third trunk is developing so that is cool. Would look better than two.
IMG_20190607_151715827.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What a great day... Met some great amazing bonsai guys as well. Evan Luse was kind enough to open his house so I might have a private lesson with Adam Lavigne. Zachary Jones is the VP of t Cincinnati club. And an all around cool guy as well. Interesting conversation... and technical things that I can't repeat of things they know. And he was kind enough to offer me a bonsai pot for the tree that was worked. I didn't have one the right size so didn't think about it being repotted.
IMG_20190621_120921121_HDR.jpgIMG_20190621_112717980_HDR.jpg

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Super excited about this up and coming trip... B&B booked for coming in a day early and leaving the on Friday, so a three day trip. Might even sneak in a special treat come Friday. 😎 The VP of the club is a member of a group on Facebook I am affiliated with...so also looking forward to meeting up with him. And well anyone who wants to talk bonsai. Now...mentally reminding myself...I pronounce words wrong...try not to embarrass yourself Darlene. Bone Sigh...yeah, I blunder on that one.
Personally, I find that the people who go out of the way to say "bone sigh" generally fall into the "pretentious douche" category.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Personally, I find that the people who go out of the way to say "bone sigh" generally fall into the "pretentious douche" category.
I'm sorry you feel that way..several of my friends pronounce it correctly...and I am quite fond of them. It's not their fault if they pronounce things properly. I thought of buying the shirt that says "Bone Sigh"... But my 70 year old neighbor said that is the last thing a woman should have written across ones chest. 😳😂 Oh she went there.

I was able to laugh at my blunder...and still have a great time.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Adam's blog of his time in Ohio. My tree is in there...

Top Bottom