Anyone get a tree from Mirai's websale/gallery offerings?

SantaFeBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
I've never seen such great trees in one spot. The gallery trees for sale are all world class trees imo.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those trees cost more than I've spent in bonsai total ever.
So it's a definite no for me. I looked at the website once and it was enough.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those trees cost more than I've spent in bonsai total ever.
So it's a definite no for me. I looked at the website once and it was enough.

I had a quick look and looked at the last sale a few months ago too. In both cases I was surprised at the prices. Lower than I expected. How much would a tree like this sell for if it was freshly collected, unstyled and in a box I wonder? Having it instead presumably established and healthy in good substrate in a small container, that's a huge potentially difficult and risky step with a lot of value! Then there is the container itself and styling work. Looks like a good deal to me really. The earlier sale prices this summer were cheaper too I think, some really good deals I thought.image.jpgimage.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too much for my blood.
If someone has the wherewithal to buy something from them more power to them.
But it's out of my range.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too much for my blood.
If someone has the wherewithal to buy something from them more power to them.
But it's out of my range.
Yeah me too but for what it is it's not a crazy price is it?
Just an example it would be far far easier for me to do $2400 worth of vehicle repairs myself than it would be for me to do everything it takes to get a tree like that to that point.(much more annoying and far less fun I admit) And I'm no mechanic and I live in a place I could find and collect equal material given enough time and dedication.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am sure there is fair amount of people who can, and will buy these trees. I am in the same boat as @M. Frary no way I could spend that much. Some folks spend over a $1000 a month for fancy cars, so to them whats $2400 for a specimen bonsai.

SantaFeBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
I've spent $1.5k on 2 trips this year scouting the rockies and got squat to show for it. What was worthy wasn't collectable. Getting closer, maybe another $10k in scouting and I'll have a rmj worth a tenth of what Mirai is getting.

Top Bottom