Anyone here able to ID this Azalea?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I posted this in another thread and have no clue what variety it is. I have sent the photo to a few organizations and the answers I received were not even close to what is pictured. I really would like to work this into a nice cascade in a primitive pot but do not see the point if I cannot tell someone what it is.

Thank you in advance B-Nuts!

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Love the blooms...good luck IDing it.

Thank you, they almost have a rose like quality and I really want to spend some energy on them. I have one Yellow Rose that is very similar.

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Yeah they were so far off with the ID I wondered for a moment if they could see the blooms at all. They ID'd it as a totally different plant and flower type although it was White and pink. They tried to tell me it was a Single hole flower first off(blind I guess).

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can see wanting to know the variety, but why let that stop you from proceeding with efforts to get it into bonsai culture? To me it's not all about being able to tell someone everything there is to know about a tree. Many times it is simply about seeing a beautiful image and enjoying what it looks like.

$0.02 deposited.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How about this?

http://plantsrescue.com/azalea-indica-inga/

Azalea-indica-Inga.jpg

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
How about this?

WOW! I took the tablet to the plant and that Sir is a great match! Also you must know by just watching the plant and not knowing if it was deciduous or evergreen it is growing well in the "exact" conditions they say are preferred!

Grimmy is Grinning:D

THANK YOU! :cool:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank the power of Google search with few choice search words. ;)

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I can see wanting to know the variety, but why let that stop you from proceeding with efforts to get it into bonsai culture? To me it's not all about being able to tell someone everything there is to know about a tree. Many times it is simply about seeing a beautiful image and enjoying what it looks like.

$0.02 deposited.

I understand Sir and honest I do grow a few plants that are just "damn nice" because they are great to view;) I do however feel these four specimens have a "great" future and wanted to know everything I could and document them well along the path. It takes time and money and I feel better knowing "what" I am dealing with in this case to get to the goal. Also, they are nice enough I have "started" working them a few months back :eek:

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank the power of Google search with few choice search words. ;)

You are the master of that then as I have tried over and over for some months, again Thanks!

Grimmy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

$0.02 deposited.

It is like dealing with pine. If you do not know if you have a black pine, white pine, mugo, etc....you might not give it the best treatment...or even kill it. Information and knowledge is power. It only took him and a few of us to ID it anyway. Worth the shot IMHO.

Harunobu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
'Californian Sunset' or 'Inga' or something else really similar.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
'Californian Sunset' or 'Inga' or something else really similar.

Thank you and I had questions on the other thread if you have the time your input there would be greatly appreciated Sir :)

Grimmy

Top Bottom