Anyone looking to sell Bonsai Heresy or Principles of Bonsai Design?

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I’m interested in buying these two books and thought I’d check to see if anyone had a copy of either they’d like to sell. Thanks!

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thanks. Yeah that’s where I was going to buy that one from it I can’t find it used. Just always like the idea of giving old unused books a new home if people don’t want them anymore. I could spend days in half price books.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bonsai Heresy is copywritten 2020, so I doubt you'll find a used copy.

I emailed Stone Lantern recently and they didn't have or know of any plans to reprint it. Good luck!

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

I emailed Stone Lantern recently and they didn't have or know of any plans to reprint it. Good luck!
Bonsai Heresy or Principles of Bonsai?

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sorry I mean which one won’t be reprinted?

I know they have more Bonsai Heresy but the Principles is sold out

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’m interested in buying these two books and thought I’d check to see if anyone had a copy of either they’d like to sell. Thanks!

As someone said, Bonsai Heresy is still pretty new so you're unlikely to find a used copy yet.

Principles of bonsai design is out of print as you've discovered. However, the American Bonsai Society is still selling the first version of that book called "Basic Bonsai Design". It isn't as good as the second version but it still is a great resource.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've got a copy of Bonsai Heresy you can have. I've gone through it plenty, and taken notes. Principles of Bonsai Design I re-read every couple years and find new nuggets of wisdom so hanging on to that one.

Although you should put your location in your profile. If you're in super far away zone 10 land, maybe just buy a new copy :)

Last edited:

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

SOLD OUT? Glad I ordered early!

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
As someone said, Bonsai Heresy is still pretty new so you're unlikely to find a used copy yet.

Principles of bonsai design is out of print as you've discovered. However, the American Bonsai Society is still selling the first version of that book called "Basic Bonsai Design". It isn't as good as the second version but it still is a great resource.

Thanks! I may get the original version if that is all I can find

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I've got a copy of Bonsai Heresy you can have. I've gone through it plenty, and taken notes. Principles of Bonsai Design I re-read every couple years and find new nuggets of wisdom so hanging on to that one.

Although you should put your location in your profile. If you're in super far away zone 10 land, maybe just buy a new copy :)
Thanks! Just sent you a PM!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

JI'm Lewis who was a member here...swore everyone doing bonsai needed this Principles of Bonsai Design...I don't blame you for holding onto it. He had me wait on the second book which was in the process of being printed because he personally seen the differences. Agreed...if you can't find the second version, get the first.

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

I thought that Basic Bonsai Design and Principles of Bonsai Design were separate books. I had heard that Principles had a paperback first edition and then a hardback second edition with more reference photographs

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I thought that Basic Bonsai Design and Principles of Bonsai Design were separate books. I had heard that Principles had a paperback first edition and then a hardback second edition with more reference photographs

Basic Bonsai Design was his first version of Principles of Bonsai Design. I have both books. Much of what is in Basic is in Principles. Principles just expanded on the concepts of Basic and has more/better pictures. Basic is still a good book.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I thought about selling you my copy of Principles until I read this thread and everyone is talking about how amazing it is.

It all seemed like common sense to me... :)

geargarcon

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I thought about selling you my copy of Principles until I read this thread and everyone is talking about how amazing it is.

It all seemed like common sense to me... :)
Haha so my thread looking for a copy worked AND at the same time, didn’t work?

let me know if you swing more to the “sell” side 😁

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Haha so my thread looking for a copy worked AND at the same time, didn’t work?

let me know if you swing more to the “sell” side 😁
Sure, you can have it. PM me the deets.

It's been sitting in my bathroom so that when guests come and take a d they can see how learned I am. But so far no one's mentioned it.

Top Bottom