anyone ordered from tokoname.or.jp ??

Fegoat

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello. has anyone ordered from tokoname.or.jp??
Is it a legit site? do they pack well? what was your experience.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I haven't ordered directly from the site, but it is certainly legit. It is a co-op of potters from that region, but I don’t know who manages the site. My hunch is that shipping would be high, so you may need to order several at a time to economize the shipping expense.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hello. has anyone ordered from tokoname.or.jp??
Is it a legit site? do they pack well? what was your experience.

Welcome!

I'm not sure about that site... seems like a first generation civic web site, with links to transportation, city hall, etc. Some of the links point you to updated content, which in turn point you to updated e-commerce sites :)

The only bonsai pot links I found were very old, and the pots were listed as "sold".

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I have placed an order from the site. Request two shipping methods for comparison, it wasn’t cheap.
I would suggest Matt Ouwinga kaedebonsai@gmail.com for authentic Japanese bonsai pots. You can find him on ebay.
I second Matty O. He got everything you need and more. Very nice guy also.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've ordered from Japan, not from that site in particular. Shipping is not cheap, sometimes costing more than the item you are buying.

Fegoat

Seedling
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm not sure about that site... seems like a first generation civic web site, with links to transportation, city hall, etc. Some of the links point you to updated content, which in turn point you to updated e-commerce sites :)

The only bonsai pot links I found were very old, and the pots were listed as "sold".
There's the catalog pdf with pictures/size/price and the gallery with the same infos but high resolution pictures
I've ordered from Japan, not from that site in particular. Shipping is not cheap, sometimes costing more than the item you are buying.
Which website? here the shipping seems to be about 28% of the pots price

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There's the catalog pdf with pictures/size/price and the gallery with the same infos but high resolution pictures

Which website? here the shipping seems to be about 28% of the pots price
Amazon.jp

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
My opinion Facebook auction group for bonsai and pots or even eBay would be better. I’ve gotten some nice Tokoname pots from eBay , they’re not new but good condition. American potters are very good as well. Just depends on your budget and style you want to go with.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Am I the only one that gets to some site in japanese without a language switch?

elroy

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have ordered items from the site via email. Smaller pots ship reasonably inexpensively. Packing was good.

Elroy

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
There are a few people on the FB auction pages that live in Japan and will look for specific pots for you. Message them and they can help you out

Top Bottom