Anyone want a big ol' chunk of driftwood?

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
Title describes it pretty well...
I feel like getting rid of this thing, i found it in a cow pond on a farm. It's 8' +/-
In honesty, i have no idea what something like this is worth, so name your price.

It's the best piece of driftwood i ever found, which is why i almost killed myself dragging it home. It's mostly hollow, with the wood curling over itself in a couple spots. There have been times i've sat just looking at it in awe. I'm fascinated with how something like this forms. Part of it is even charred from a fire too. I don't know what really happened, but i think it was struck by lightning back when it was still attached to it's original tree.

Something like this could never be shipped, so you'd have to pick it up. To give you an idea of where you'd have to drive, i live in Monroe county, PA.

Please ask any questions here, i'll answer as soon as possible.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 115

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Turn it vertical and create the world's largest phoenix graft. Like this...:D

Rob

Attachments

• Copy of wp1_zps63f1b843.jpg
    Copy of wp1_zps63f1b843.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 24

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would leave it where it's at and plant some small junipers in all of the holes.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice stick.

I think you should dig a hole, plant it upright and grow some flowering vines on it.

mp

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
Turn it vertical and create the world's largest phoenix graft. Like this...:D

Rob

Ill go get the juniper whips ready! :D

I seriously considered a giant phoenix graft, but i don't have the 2 lifetimes it would take to complete it.

I'm probably just going to leave it where it is or sell it. There's no space to do anything with it anywhere else.

I want to plant something in it, or put it in the ground upright, but it would rot over time.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Buy a couple of $30 Malsi junipers and plant in the holes. It will rot eventually, but you may have a cool yard planting for ten years or so.

Top Bottom