anyone willing to sell a beech or hornbeam?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have had no luck trying to grow them from suckers or cuttings.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
What stage of bonsai development are you interested in purchasing?
1 -Seedlings?
2-stock in nursery containers, 1 gallon or 3 gallon or ? larger sizes?
3-recently collected trunks? What diameter? what height?
4-Pre-bonsai ready to move into first bonsai pot? Shohin? Larger sizes?
5-Bonsai hornbeam that is already styled and in a bonsai pot, has been developed enough that display at a show is possible in as little as 2 years to maybe 5 years?
6-Bonsai hornbeam that could be show ready in less than 2 years?
7-Bonsai hornbeam that is show ready?

Different people would be good sources for each option.

Once you get to the more developed stages, the price for the trees will increase dramatically.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m interested in purchasing pre-bonsai shohin, what types of hornbeam do you have?

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I sent you a PM, check your mail box here on the BNut website. Its the mail icon in the far right hand corner of the screen, just left of the bell icon (alerts icon).

I won't know what I have until after the weekend of March 28. I'll message you via PM then.

Covid19 potentially could call off this collecting trip. . We will see what happens.

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I sent you a PM, check your mail box here on the BNut website. Its the mail icon in the far right hand corner of the screen, just left of the bell icon (alerts icon).

I won't know what I have until after the weekend of March 28. I'll message you via PM then.

Covid19 potentially could call off this collecting trip. . We will see what happens.
Pre-bud pop for collecting no doubt? Shelter until freezing danger has passed after collection?

I’m debating a trip up north to collect larch. Though I have seen you post previously that the best time to collect larch is when green buds are showing, but not after paintbrushes are fully pushing.

Charlevoix/petosky is the location, they are one zone colder than our 6A here. Sorry for the tangent!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Larches, I would actually collect earlier than green showing on the buds. My thoughts on timing has evolved, you are far better off collecting earlier than waiting until too late. There are some who collect larch in autumn as or after leaf drop.

Top Bottom