Anything I can do with this?

RaynoVox

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello all,

My daughter was playing and accidentally launched this seed across the backyard, I looked at it and its already germinated. We had strong winter weather for about a month in November but for some reason its been in the high 60s and 70s this month, I think maybe this seed got tricked into thinking it was spring. I can't identify it either, and I was hoping maybe there was something I could do with it, even if I cant bonsai it I would at-least like to just plant it somewhere and give it a chance. Does anybody have any experience with this? Will it die or if I plant it in some bonsai soil will it possibly grow? Thanks in advance!

P.S I live in North Carolina in the US. Its possibly some type of Oak?

EDIT: Added photo, Oops

Attachments

• 20171221_173244.jpg
    20171221_173244.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 33

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well...I believe it is definitely an oak. Plant it in a small pot....outdoors. Make caring for it a nice hobby project with your daughter. You’ll have fun. When it grows more the leaves will give a hint as to what type of oak it is. From the point of acorn...they push up and out reasonable quick. So....daughter will see good results for her care.

RaynoVox

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the idea, this will become her tree. Im brand new to plants in general as well as Bonsai so Im glad to hear its got a chance. Thanks again!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks I appreciate the idea, this will become her tree. Im brand new to plants in general as well as Bonsai so Im glad to hear its got a chance. Thanks again!
...your tree too....but mostly hers if someone ever asked. She’ll take pride in her new tree. You are both in this together...make it fun project....read up ahead of time so you can ask her questions about her tree and give her good advice....and take some of her advice. You might end up with a budding Botanist.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
And if the growth fails....just find a new acorn and start again.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always something can be done with live tree including small one:(.

Top Bottom