Apologies...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If I seem a little distant lately, there are reasons :)

We just bought a new house in North Carolina. We are in the process of selling our old house in California. Then we have to negotiate the move. Meanwhile, they just closed our daughter's college campus due to coronavirus concerns (no cases - just concerns) so I had to drive up yesterday (6 hours one way) to bring her home.

Hope that the dust will settle shortly and I can get back to my trees and interacting more with the site!!

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Kind of wondered where you've been. Good to hear it's nothing terrible, scary about your daughter's school though. Best of luck selling your house and the move. Thanks again for creating such a great site for all of us "nuts".

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
:oops:From one cost to the other, that's a big move. If you have lived in California all your life, you are in for a big surprise.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
:oops:From one cost to the other, that's a big move. If you have lived in California all your life, you are in for a big surprise.

I'm originally a mid-westerner, but I have family in Raleigh and Alexandria so I am looking forward to getting back east!

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds Great, I realized after I posted, that it may have sounded negative about your move. Did not mean that at all and figured it may be to get near family. I am in deep south Alabama and know there is a big difference here than west cost... that is what I was thinking about.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
What part of NC did you land in?

Outside of Charlotte!

Sounds Great, I realized after I posted, that it may have sounded negative about your move. Did not mean that at all and figured it may be to get near family. I am in deep south Alabama and know there is a big difference here than west cost... that is what I was thinking about.

I did my basic training in Alabama... Ft. McClellan! Anniston! But it's since been closed down, and now I get to watch videos on YouTube "urban exploring" the ruins :)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Charlotte is still a 3 hour drive!

Kannapolis has good bonsai shows, for sure!

the next big event in North Carolinia is the Carolina Expo in June at the NC Arboretum in Asheville.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wrote finals on 31st of December and my uni is still closed until further notice. All my part time gigs are down too.
At least I get to spend a ton of time around my trees with all these travel restrictions

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So how many trees are you moving to NC?

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
Outside of Charlotte!

I did my basic training in Alabama... Ft. McClellan! Anniston! But it's since been closed down, and now I get to watch videos on YouTube "urban exploring" the ruins :)
I moved to Mooresville, NC, north of Charlotte with my family a week ago. Hopefully I’ll get to meet you at a club meeting before too long! My eldest daughter’s college back in Washington just went to on-line classes as well, and she’s a type one diabetic, so we are struggling with what to do for her amidst this chaos. I’ll be sending you good thoughts and hope you settle in with relative ease.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I moved to Mooresville, NC, north of Charlotte with my family a week ago. Hopefully I’ll get to meet you at a club meeting before too long! My eldest daughter’s college back in Washington just went to on-line classes as well, and she’s a type one diabetic, so we are struggling with what to do for her amidst this chaos. I’ll be sending you good thoughts and hope you settle in with relative ease.

We're going to be neighbors! We just bought in Troutman!

Top Bottom