Are you a Net Bonsai Wanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha! Of course there are (they just don't like the company they keep), just as most here are North Americans.

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Marco took me up on my offer. So please help me make my goal of selling enough shirts to get an Ichiban.

Here is the final proof (assuming we don't change it again) of the "NBW 2010 Tour" shirt.

I'm still working on prices, but will let you know soon.

PM me if interested and include your size. The more I order, the cheaper I can keep them.

Attachments

• shirt final FT (Small).jpg
    shirt final FT (Small).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 81
  • shirt final BK (Small).jpg
    shirt final BK (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 73

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Brett, you need to go back and re-negotiate the front with Marco....for me it lost its punch. If he needs his logo on the T-shirt...I'd put it on the back in front of the NBW... Pure unmolested humor on the front...business on the back. That is palatable for me to cough up my dinero.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha! Of course there are (they just don't like the company they keep), just as most here are North Americans.

I've never called myself North American, when making new acquaintances.

Me: "Hi, my name is Attila."
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "By the way, where are you from?"
Me: "I am North American".
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "Excuse me?"
Me: "North American"
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "What is that supposed to mean? Are you native indian?"
Me: "No. I am just from the Northern Hemispere, west of the North Atlantic Ocean"
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "Excuse me? You are weird."

Last edited:

Zenshi

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Brett, you need to go back and re-negotiate the front with Marco....for me it lost its punch. If he needs his logo on the T-shirt...I'd put it on the back in front of the NBW... Pure unmolested humor on the front...business on the back. That is palatable for me to cough up my dinero.

I couldn't agree more.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I've never called myself North American, when making new acquaintances.

Me: "Hi, my name is Attila."
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "By the way, where are you from?"
Me: "I am North American".
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "Excuse me?"
Me: "North American"
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "What is that supposed to mean? Are you native indian?"
Me: "No. I am just from the Northern Hemispere, west of the North Atlantic Ocean"
Hot Blonde Acquaintance: "Excuse me? You are weird."

Attila, if the hot Blonde was a NBW she would of understood completely what you were saying. You need to hang with a better class of Blondes ;)

Reaction score
I'm from Milan btw, way north from Sicily.
Somebody didn't do his homework!

Can I now start to tease rednecks or only yankees are allow to tease Europeans (?!!?);)

Vicky, when I was in Japan with Kimura, every year we showed a cherry at Kokufu' and in order to get the blooming at perfection with the big opening of the show or the visit of the emperor's son, we "lock" the tree in a wood box with10-15 big ice bags inside.
It did work out even though the cherry ended up catching a cold.

I'm in Philly today working on the Kenneth Collection, have a good weekend everyone, please but a t-shirt!!!!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Grizzly ya forgot 'Harry's Place'. Sheesh he goes there every year. Huge gig!

Ash :cool:

Yeah, people come from miles around just to see what is going to happen, so many in fact, I may have to start to charge admission. I'm not sure if Marco will come back again for two reasons, first, he has to listen to me instead of his music when he works, second, I showed him what Fiddleback spiders can do to you, then I went out in the garage and caught one for him to see what they look like, to say the least, he wasn't pleased. I don't think he likes spiders, I have the ICHIBAN scar to prove it. The worlds best Bonsai tool. Also good for punishing jokesters !

keep it green,
Harry

Hey yamadori, how's that for sneaking in a little advertising shot ?
The spider story is true, you can't make stuff up like that.......:D:D

Last edited:

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey yamadori, how's that for sneaking in a little advertising shot ?
The spider story is true, you can't make stuff up like that.......:D:D

Not a problem Harry. Creative I suppose.

You two need to get over it. I was very specific that Marco's name calling advertising was the idiot thing. Marco, in sum total, is not an idiot nor is he less than a bonsai master nor did I ever criticise his tool (either one of them) or its sales rates. It is funny how he can call us all "wankers" but if we call him an "advertising idiot" for name calling to try to sell something he gets all bent about it. A bit hipocritical I'd say. It reminds me of the old phrase, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". How about this one, "Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

I must be close to some sort of a truth or it wouldn't eat at him like this. Both of you need to let it go. I hope the Masakuni family does.

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
Yeah, people come from miles around just to see what is going to happen, so many in fact, I may have to start to charge admission. I'm not sure if Marco will come back again for two reasons, first, he has to listen to me instead of his music when he works, second, I showed him what Fiddleback spiders can do to you, then I went out in the garage and caught one for him to see what they look like, to say the least, he wasn't pleased. I don't think he likes spiders,

If he doesn't like the brown recluse or fiddleback spider, he sure won't like the Brazilian wandering spider. Listen to this side-effect:

This spider's venom has also been found to cause increased levels of nitric oxide which, in male human victims, will result in an involuntary erection that can be very painful and last hours. Scientists are reportedly attempting to create an erectile dysfunction treatment that can be combined with other medicines out of the peptide that causes this reaction.[35]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_bite#Types_of_spiders_with_medically_significant_venom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You two need to get over it. I was very specific that Marco's name calling advertising was the idiot thing. Marco, in sum total, is not an idiot nor is he less than a bonsai master nor did I ever criticise his tool (either one of them) or its sales rates.

Agreed.... that whole thing is way past over.

Barb only said what a lot of people likely thought when they read it. She's taken enough guff over it at this point... and has, until this comment, not popped off at the barbs (no pun intended :eek:) being sent her way. She has even made an attempt to be concilatory by complimenting his website (which I don't exactly agree with from a web dev stand point [note: I'm not one... just married to one - so believe me its an unending lesson in lean :p] ... but that's just me, and nothing against Marco personally in the least).

So guys... please leave her alone... it would be a shame to draw negativity back into a conversation which has for the main, been passed over in favor of being open minded and civil. It won't help Marco's image in the least... and may even hurt it. I for one, would not like to see that happen.

Marco... Thanks for the tip about the box... but would you do that if flowers were already begining to open? Not many... just a few. It's certainly easier than having a refer-house and even if I don't do it now, is an excellent idea against future need.

Kindest regards to all,

Victrinia

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot

Kinda like a reverse mullet...

Attachments

• mullet.jpg
    mullet.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hehehe.... Z... I don't think he's offering me a job dear. ;) I'll assume that was an accidental glitch on your part to leave my name there. :D

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom