Are you a Net Bonsai Wanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Dude, Yamadori may be a Ms.

Now whos an idiot? Having met both of you, you may not want her in your face.

Did you really say dude....:p You do know it's 2010, right. See ya later alligator !

keep it green,
Harry

Reaction score
To all,
I'm sure we all had a strong passion for something in our lifetime. What we have in common is the passion for bonsai but we may like other things. Someone likes cars, or art of sports... you name it.

Me and Harry Greer really like cars. We talk a lot about it. I prefer the design of it. He likes the engine, the performace. I can name the model of a Ferrari just by looking at one detail of the body. I can tell you the year it was made, the max speed and all sort of info.

I love the work of Jackson Pollock. I can name a painting just by look at a part of it and for the ones who know what kind of painting Jackson Pollock made, you may understand that for the majority of the people they look pretty much alike one to another. Every time I go to NYC I go to the Moma and I pay a visit to the Pollocks there. Every time.

I love Ferrari and I'm very proud of them. I love Pollock. I have passion for it. I'm driven to discover anything I can about what I have passion for. I like to know things. I like to know how things are done. I DONT'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HOW MUCH A FERRARI OR A POLLOCK COST. I REALLY DON'T.

When I fell in love with a girl I didn't ask myself: " how much she is gonna cost me?" i just followed my heart.

Now let me ask you something.....
How many times in both ICHIBAN threads on bonsainut people have been talking about the price?

How many times someone asked me how ICHIBAN works? why I designed in that way? how can a bonsaist really benefit from it and why I tried to solve my lower back problem by creating a tool that now can help many other with the same suffering?

If you don't have the money to buy it too bad. I don't have the money to buy lots of things like a ferrari or a pollock but I always try to understand them.
Yes my testimonials did receive ICHIBAN as a present, but I'm sure that Michael Jordan payed for all his NIKEs, or DiCaprio all his watches, George Clooney for all his Nespresso, Kimura for all the Kinbon and so on. Come Vicky, you are smarter than that. Or maybe not.

I'm driven by passion and so I'm driven away from this bonsai blog once for all. I wish you all the best.
Goodbye
marco invernizzi

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
To all,
I'm sure we all had a strong passion for something in our lifetime. What we have in common is the passion for bonsai but we may like other things. Someone likes cars, or art of sports... you name it.

Me and Harry Greer really like cars. We talk a lot about it. I prefer the design of it. He likes the engine, the performace. I can name the model of a Ferrari just by looking at one detail of the body. I can tell you the year it was made, the max speed and all sort of info.

I love the work of Jackson Pollock. I can name a painting just by look at a part of it and for the ones who know what kind of painting Jackson Pollock made, you may understand that for the majority of the people they look pretty much alike one to another. Every time I go to NYC I go to the Moma and I pay a visit to the Pollocks there. Every time.

I love Ferrari and I'm very proud of them. I love Pollock. I have passion for it. I'm driven to discover anything I can about what I have passion for. I like to know things. I like to know how things are done. I DONT'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HOW MUCH A FERRARI OR A POLLOCK COST. I REALLY DON'T.

When I fell in love with a girl I didn't ask myself: " how much she is gonna cost me?" i just followed my heart.

Now let me ask you something.....
How many times in both ICHIBAN threads on bonsainut people have been talking about the price?

How many times someone asked me how ICHIBAN works? why I designed in that way? how can a bonsaist really benefit from it and why I tried to solve my lower back problem by creating a tool that now can help many other with the same suffering?

If you don't have the money to buy it too bad. I don't have the money to buy lots of things like a ferrari or a pollock but I always try to understand them.
Yes my testimonials did receive ICHIBAN as a present, but I'm sure that Michael Jordan payed for all his NIKEs, or DiCaprio all his watches, George Clooney for all his Nespresso, Kimura for all the Kinbon and so on. Come Vicky, you are smarter than that. Or maybe not.

I'm driven by passion and so I'm driven away from this bonsai blog once for all. I wish you all the best.
Goodbye
marco invernizzi

Good for you Marco.... I stopped posting a week or so ago for a few reasons...1) is most here doesn't get it, can't appreciate someone doing something outside the box, are bonsai internet pros, etc.... When it comes to you it is all negative!! Like you said, not one time did they ask you why? All anyone did was bitch and complain, piss and moan. It is really lame. A few people are open minded enough to appreciate what you have done and understand that quality has a price, etc....But most are not and it is very sad to see.

Lets look at the recent postings.....Greg Brenden posted a tree that he worked on with Hagedorn and it was petered out in a few days with little interaction....???WTF???? When someone actually posts a descent tree nothing gets said. But god forbid a post involving Marco, or the ICHIBAN (which I happen to own) and now there are 2 posts going at once!!! How freakin' retarded is this? Look at the amount of views and postings!! Holy crap. The only thing that ever gets this kind of action are the stupid political and religon debates that have gone on here, superthrive and Marco. We should change the name to the NegativityNut forum~!

Kinda odd...a bonsai forum that only gets active when there is something negative to harp on. When a tree comes out on the forum the activity stops..... hmmm....????

Yeah, this is the last I will be around here for a while, I have more positive things to do with my time, like actual tree work, wanking :) etc.... anything is better than the typical trainwreck that is DaNut!

Peace out folks!

DaveG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Good for you Marco.... I stopped posting a week or so ago for a few reasons...1) is most here doesn't get it, can't appreciate someone doing something outside the box, are bonsai internet pros, etc.... When it comes to you it is all negative!! Like you said, not one time did they ask you why? All anyone did was bitch and complain, piss and moan. It is really lame. A few people are open minded enough to appreciate what you have done and understand that quality has a price, etc....But most are not and it is very sad to see.

I'm certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that bonsai is among the many activities to be explored in this great big world where the vast majority of people will always doubt what great-gran-pappy didn't do. But all the same, I haven't had a single person explain to me, sanely, rationally, and in simple terms, why there's anything revolutionary or groundbreaking about designing a really nice and comfortable pair of scissors and trying to sell it to the public for $350. Many of the very best claims I've heard about this thing so far seem to be written in Snake-Oil-Salesman-ese and don't translate well back to straight-forward down-to-Earth English. This does not bode well for the credibility of the claims made in support of any product.

My father used to be a roofer. He did flat roofing and it was all he did. But he didn't peddle tar, which was pretty unusual for a roofer where I grew up. He sold long-life latex roofing. There may be cheaper alternatives in latex roofing nowadays, but he was selling a good product and there were specific claims about it, claims which could be backed up. It lasted a lot longer than tar. Unpigmented, it was also white, which saved on heating and cooling costs. It weighed less per area, which was less of a strain on the structure. The product was backed by a very long warranty against leaks. He did a lot of roofing and he still had to do a few warranty repairs after he got out of the business, but I can say that it was only a few. He got out of the business because had to work so hard to make every single sale. The problem was with people being so closed-minded to change. Sure, tar roofing isn't reliable. But their fathers did it that way and their fathers' fathers did it that way too. That was all they needed to know to turn down my dad, no matter what the claims were or how much sense they made.

The reason I share this story is because I see so many important differences between what has been discussed right here and what got my father out of the roofing business. Life isn't simple enough for it to be true that a product is revolutionary or groundbreaking just because a lot of people are uninterested in buying it. Nor is life simple enough for it to be true that a product is revolutionary or groundbreaking just because a lot of people buy it. It just doesn't work that way.

Heck, I'm an electrical engineer for goodness sake, and a pretty inventive one at that. Creating progress is my bread and butter. If I saw what I thought could potentially be a revolutionary product, I'd certainly be singing a different tune. I'm not saying I'd go out and buy it right now, since it is $350 and I spend money far more carefully than I'd have to in order to consider it acceptable to frequently blow $100+ on a night out. But if I thought the most important claims behind this thing had real value, I'd consider saving up for it.

the3rdon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
My .02 is this... I primarily only post if I have a question about a tree.. I don't know anybody personally involved with bonsai.. I have mostly maples and hornbeams because I don't feel skilled enough to mess with conifers yet.. For maples I feel like I only need a few specific tools.. I mean I cut branches, do root work, re-pot.. Not much involved with hardy trees like the ones I have.. IF I was a more skilled in the art and I saw that this tool, "Ichiban," would be a great asset, then I would pay the price.. I have never seen one, let alone seen someone use one..

It must be somethin special for all the yackin u guys have done about it though.. Lol! As for me, I will just keep askin questions to help me with bonsai.. and I always appreciate any and all the help or criticism that I get.. For me criticism is a 2 way street.. I may agree and want to change something, or disagree and leave it the way I want it..

Good luck with ur tool Marco.. Maybe when I get better I will look into one..

Have a nice day :)
Don H.

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
My God are you guys still at this :eek: Now I am just trying to decide whether it is worth looking back :confused:

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
Off course you new I had to go back and read:p
Awesome!

Marco... can you give Mr. Kobayashi a call for me and ask him how he would slow down a satsuki. :D That would win you points like nothing in the world...lol

Hi Vic

If early flowering is still an issue I have a theory that I think can't hurt to try. Auxin is used to make fruit sit longer on trees by orchid growers as well as making cut flowers last longer by florists. My theory is that it may be used to extend the life of flowers set on a tree exactly when in a position such as yours.
Being a Newb Bonsai Wanker I have not any trees to try this on but I offer this subjective theory to you to try if you like. I am sure it can do no harm ;)
Auxin is found in Superthrive seaweed extract and in a more isolated form in what we call Plant starters down under :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I almost bought this tool....

Well....I looked at the ad.....

And thought it was cool.....

But I was never going to spend $300 in a tool....

But imagine.....if I did.....
I would still be a seedling?

Lol....

Sorce

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
Sorce, I think you may be the King of the Net Bonsai Wankers.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I don't know why anyone would find it necessary to post stuff that is almost six years old? Do what you want source but the least you could do is to warn us when you are going fart in the elevator with the door closed.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I had forgotten about this thread, before Source, last post was in 2010. Not sure I was a member here then. Might have only been on IBC.

Source - you must be having a slow day at work that you even found this one in the archives.

I also was shocked that the person who received the Net Bonsai Wanker letter was not one of the 5 names that immediately leaped to mind. :rolleyes:

He is right about one thing, people like me, who are on this forum all the time, should probably be spending more time with our trees, not doing "Internet Bonsai".

Joke reads, Wife: "Honey, its late, come to bed."
Answer: "Can't stop typing, someone is wrong on the internet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom