Artemisia Powis Castle

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wormwood. Kind of grey right now due to it being the end of summer. I expect it will green up in spring. I am hoping it will back bud a bit more. Hopefully it will put on some tougher bark to see if I can put some wire on it.
15081006970711251528405.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've never heard of bonsaiing one of these. I've always thought of them as just a garden perennial...so interesting!

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have to admit it is an odd undertaking. The lady at the nursery was commenting about them trying to turn them into Christmas Trees which naturally sparked the bonsai spider senses :):):)

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Update:
I let this grow to about 2 feet and it really bushed out. The trunk grew out a bit from the first picture. I was kind of disappointed with it because it did bot seem to backbud very well and the branches were spindly.

As fate would have it, it fell off my bench about a month ago and I lost a few branches on one side. I was watering it a week later and noticed a ton of new growth close to the trunk. I cut all the branches back and it has really come back strong!
I know it is a very unorthodox bonsai but here in the desert you take what you get. Actually going to put some wire on it. ?15370376667645416014027460684085.jpg

Top Bottom