As promised my box store bonsai.

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Sadly I couldn't make the deadline in time due to my busy work schedule.
So I had to withdraw myself from the competition.
I really love the idea because I love the challenge of making something from nothing and try to tell people that bonsai doesn't have to be an expensive hobby to enjoy it.

So as promised the Juniper that I would have entered and a buxus (I believe you guys call it boxwood or box tree)

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• juniboxbefore.JPG
    juniboxbefore.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 134
  • junibird.JPG
    junibird.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 125
  • junibox.JPG
    junibox.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 150
  • buxusbefore.JPG
    buxusbefore.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 121
  • buxus after.JPG
    buxus after.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 147

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sadly I couldn't make the deadline in time due to my busy work schedule.
So I had to withdraw myself from the competition.
I really love the idea because I love the challenge of making something from nothing and try to tell people that bonsai doesn't have to be an expensive hobby to enjoy it.

So as promised the Juniper that I would have entered and a buxus (I believe you guys call it boxwood or box tree)

Hope you like it.

Well done Chris, well done! That juni is Advanced Category material all day long. I sure hope you can make the next challenge.

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Thansk Vin I really hope I can join the next one and that there will be better and more start material available by that time.
Always in for things like this. :)

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
I started in 2011 so not to many yet, but thanks for the compliment Cadillactaste I really appreciate it.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice design, too bad you couldn't make the deadline to enter but thanks for playing anyways! Its good to see a bunch of nice images coming out of the box store material. Also good practice while waiting for trees to recover from repots, collection or growing out. I will probably try more little nursery trees.

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Yes you should definitely practice on cheaper nursery trees.
The cool thing about practicing on these and apply what you've learnt on more expensive trees is that it is all the same.
Mistakes are easily made and better to make on something with less value.
In the end it all comes down to creativity and like they say practice makes makes perfect so why not practice a lot :)

I use them to practice my designing skills so when I have to give a demo or whatsoever I can get an image much faster. Just to keep my creative part going.
Also after that the keeping them alive part. So many times people do things to a tree and it dies.
Not knowing how that happened.
It is also a great way to see how to maintain a recently shaped tree.
It gives you a good idea how far you can go.

So the main reason why I like this competition so much, is because it makes people practice more!

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
Very creative and inspiring work!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You have an inspiring design aesthetic Chris. It's refreshing to see what you are doing. Keep showing us what you have going on in your garden please!

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks JudyB!
You can always view my blog if you are interested in what is going on behind my fences. But off course I will post work regularly.

Top Bottom