Ash

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This tree os bad ass! The ash trees we have in the NE of North American don't come close to this!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like how the apex twists around toward the viewer then up. Really cool movement.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wow!
Amazing Ash!
Nice to see one.....all ours are dead round here from the borers.
Buddy of mine lost over 50 on his land.

Last edited:

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Probably the best Ash I've ever seen. What kind of Ash is it? I usually hate them lol

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you for the comments . I think it's Fraxinus angustifolia. A weed around here. It started as a seedling which germinated at the edge of a propagation bench hence the bend in the trunk.
Funny with these, they bark up quickly on the trunk and take an eternity for mature bark further up.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It appears to me @MichaelS that it is a fan of branches running away from me in back and a single strong branch coming forward. IOW, I get the impression that the canopy is on 'backwards' but it is so hard to tell from a single pic., but it leaves me feeling unsettled despite the magnificent bark and movement of the trunk. What's the truth of it?

ThePecha7

Seedling
Reaction score
Wow, I colllected an ash sapling this week and this is some serious motivation for what can be done!

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you for the comments . I think it's Fraxinus angustifolia. A weed around here. It started as a seedling which germinated at the edge of a propagation bench hence the bend in the trunk.
Funny with these, they bark up quickly on the trunk and take an eternity for mature bark further up.
Nice! How old is the tree?

Top Bottom