Asked about an idea in pots. It’s not really a pot so maybe I should ask here.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A

Cool cypress log I could plant a linear (?) style of group/forest in perhaps. Maybe a terrible idea which is why I’m bouncing it off everyone.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks great! Won't last forever, but it could look really nice while it does. I would leave the ends open and treat it like a slab.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
So afraid you would say that! Lol. Guess I better make some muck to hold it until the roots get everything tied together.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So afraid you would say that! Lol. Guess I better make some muck to hold it until the roots get everything tied together.

You can drill holes to wire in the trees. Use moss to stabilize the ends.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Someone else also recommended moss sounds like a consensus so far. At least no one has vetoed/shot it down!

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
You can drill holes to wire in the trees. Use moss to stabilize the ends.
I did exactly that and it came out beautiful. I have it on another piece of cypress for now and am going to build a stand for the planting tomorrow PM I hope. I want to leave it at work where it can be appreciated and people can see it in progress more than keeping it in my yard. I spend 60+ hours there anyways! Just gotta get it a solid base to avoid tipping and set back to keep kids away. Good news is I can water with river water there. It’s full of tannins and nutrients from decaying leaf matter. Its almost a very diluted compost tea. They’ll probably still want a little fertilizer occasionally but should thrive. The only concession against their natural instincts is that they aren’t in a dense soil but a well draining bonsai soil.

Top Bottom