Atlanta Bonsai Society Annual Show

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
No, go find more moss.

The best way to do it is start at the edge of the pot and work your way in towards the tree.

At the last meeting, Kathy Shaner talked about why fully mossing is appropriate.

We’ve had tons of rain. Good Moss is abundant. Look in parking lots alongside curbs.
Apparently, bank parking lots are where to look... who knew?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sooooooooo, my van went into service today... authorized repairs that would be finished by tonight.... got a call saying they actually didn't have all necessary parts so van would be out of service until Friday night but would comp me a loner... told them I needed a minivan to move trees in pots... no minivan available but got a highlander instead.... The Rocky Mountain Juniper won't even come CLOSE to fitting in it.... sooooooooooo pi$$ed right now:confused:.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sooooooooo, my van went into service today... authorized repairs that would be finished by tonight.... got a call saying they actually didn't have all necessary parts so van would be out of service until Friday night but would comp me a loner... told them I needed a minivan to move trees in pots... no minivan available but got a highlander instead.... The Rocky Mountain Juniper won't even come CLOSE to fitting in it.... sooooooooooo pi$$ed right now:confused:.
You could rent a van for the weekend. Shouldn’t be much.

Ask Morgan where he gets his!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That was mentioned as a possible option today... I left work early today to deal with the dealership and won't have much time tomorrow to deal with this mess so not sure itll work out.
What all are you having to do with the van?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What all are you having to do with the van?
Replacing a catalytic converter that was replaced just 11 months ago. They think a bad O2 sensor is to blame for literally melting the C converter... that would be the missing part. That, and new tires... it's my daughter's ride, so...

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh, ok. My car has tires. Catalytic converters, O2 sensors, mufflers, tail pipes... not so much.

matthughes404

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A 5'x8' U-Haul trailer is only $19 if you return it to the same location within 24 hours, which is probably cheaper than renting a minivan.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A 5'x8' U-Haul trailer is only $19 if you return it to the same location within 24 hours, which is probably cheaper than renting a minivan.
Ended up having the dealership rent me a Dodge Caravan... will try to stuff the big RMJ into the back when I get home tonight.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yup, Redneck Workshop Weekend can do a number on the mini-van.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 232017

meatballs probably put the cat converter on backwards!o_O:mad::mad::D:D:D:D
It was the half barrel of PBR smashing around in the back while we were doing donuts on the high school baseball field that did the most damage...

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@LanceMac10 when I see that video it makes me think the last words spoken from the driver to the passenger were "hold my beer" lol
That's exactly what I said to @Adair M when we got to the high school parking lot!

Top Bottom