Atlanta Bonsai Society annual Spring show, March 14, 15

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It’s held in Day Hall at the Atlanta Botanical Garden in Piedmont Park on Saturday and Sunday. Setup is Friday afternoon.

Admission to the show is free, but you would have to pay for admission to the Botanical Gardens.

Peter Tea is the guest artist this year.

More information is available at www.atlantabonsaisociety.com

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Otherwise, I will have doubts that it even happened;)

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It’s held in Day Hall at the Atlanta Botanical Garden in Piedmont Park on Saturday and Sunday. Setup is Friday afternoon.

Admission to the show is free, but you would have to pay for admission to the Botanical Gardens.

Peter Tea is the guest artist this year.

More information is available at www.atlantabonsaisociety.com
sadly i wont be making it as there is a restyling demo at the NC Arboretum on saturday, stay safe and remember to wash your hands

arjun

Yamadori
Reaction score
sadly i wont be making it as there is a restyling demo at the NC Arboretum on saturday, stay safe and remember to wash your hands
No worries! I will upload lots of pictures and videos on our Facebook page! :)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
IMPORTANT!!!

Due to concerns about the Corona virus, the show has been cancelled!

I was on my way, car loaded up, when Dav4 called me with the news.

or, maybe, he is just making it up so he’ll win!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
IMPORTANT!!!

Due to concerns about the Corona virus, the show has been cancelled!

I was on my way, car loaded up, when Dav4 called me with the news.

or, maybe, he is just making it up so he’ll win!
Not surprising, but a bummer none the less. Hard for us nuts to realize, and even harder for me to say, but there actually are things more important than Bonsai.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
So, I’m going to go ahead and post pictures of my displays intended to be shown this weekend… Probably won’t get that done until tomorrow, weather permitting. Anybody else who might have been planning on showing might want to do the same… It may be a while before I get to attend another Bonsai! shoSo, I’m going to go ahead and post pictures of my displays intended to be shown this weekend… Probably won’t get that done until tomorrow, weather permitting. Anybody else who might have been planning on showing might want to do the same... @Adair M

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, I’m going to go ahead and post pictures of my displays intended to be shown this weekend… Probably won’t get that done until tomorrow, weather permitting. Anybody else who might have been planning on showing might want to do the same… It may be a while before I get to attend another Bonsai! shoSo, I’m going to go ahead and post pictures of my displays intended to be shown this weekend… Probably won’t get that done until tomorrow, weather permitting. Anybody else who might have been planning on showing might want to do the same... @Adair M
I look forward to it Dave! What a great thought!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I don’t have a Redneck photography studio like you do, Dave. ☹

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This tree was going to be exhibited;

07139132-1483-4FC4-B07C-40D7BD30EA82.jpeg

But instead of the trident maple, this was going to be the accent plant;

073A86E7-50D2-4677-9FC1-27EBFC04B12A.jpeg

I was going to put in this Shohin exhibit:

C3DECC6A-A830-45B1-B928-4D7273A836E7.jpeg
Sorry about the background... like I said, I don’t have a photo booth: That’s a JBP and trident up top. Then a weird vine of some type, (I forget the name, lol), and an olive. The “off box” tree is a juniper contorsa.

I have another tree, and another Shohin exhibit, but no pictures. I’ll take a picture tomorrow.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
We have our fingers crossed here in Asheville that this will dissipate before the mid-June Bonsai Expo. The Arboretum has already cancelled the orchid show and the botanical gardens is planning on a month to month basis. Asheville is almost totally dependent on tourism so this could be real bad here.

Top Bottom