Atlas Cedar source

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I am looking for atlas cedar (Cedrus atlantica) both Sheffield and Schumacher are out. I don’t really want to go the eBay route. I also have struggled to find seedlings. Most forestry nurseries that sell plugs grow deodara or nothing at all.
Looking for a source that people have had good luck with

the1only

Yamadori
Reaction score
Try them, I bought few plants from them in the past.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
They're pretty fast growers from seed. Mine measure around 6 inches from apex to the soil after year 1. Roughly an inch short of the size of the link the1only posted.
I did the ebay route and I was not disappointed.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For seeds there are plenty of suggestions here that are excellent. But for plants it is hard to beat eBay.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Thanks for the input, I’m trying to stay away from 20$+ per tree seedling. I have reached out to Gremel in the past, he’s not real quick about responding..

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe it is Jonsteen Tree company that sells them for about $7 each on eBay. I have bought other things from them and have been pleased. There is also someone selling Horstman which is a compact cultivar for $39 in a one gallon pot.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Are you asking about Jonsteen's on eBay? They are plants, not seeds.

I was suggesting to start from seed, i planted some last year, most of them germinated and they are growing quite fast :)

Top Bottom