Attached images, half loading

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can I ask..

I’m viewing the forum via safari on iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.
Everytime I clicked an attached image, a good number of the images attached (perhaps 3 out of 10), only half load.
Examples:
A355E6F4-46FE-4E87-A93C-27F8BDA8EA09.png17A75B9C-7508-4DC5-B97A-13858794A9B4.png2E70CB49-232A-4ADE-8109-83288634A24B.png

You can see by screenshots, 2 of them I am on home WiFi, 1 I just did was on mobile data.
It just started to bug me and I wondered if anyone had this or knew why it happened?
Cheers,

shimbrypaku

Shohin
Reaction score
I’m running version 11.0.3 on a iphone 7 no problems loading here
Strange

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
And if you guys think about it,use the full image option when you post pictures here.
Them thumbnails suck. Can't zoom.
But you can click on them and see the full-size image. It drives me nuts when someone posts full-size images on another’s progression thread. Use thumbnails for that.
710614CF-09DA-4141-B17D-3854CB79710D.jpeg

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Usually after I scroll through all the photos in a group it starts showing the full image. Also if you use the full screen option at the top right of the photo it will display the full image, but that can be a PITA if there are several to view. BTW I have an iPad Air.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If I had to guess, it has something to do with the way Apple manages memory on the iPhone. I can't replicate the problem using three different Android phones here, and sadly I don't own any Apple products.

I tried looking online for other people having the issue, and I couldn't find any mention of it.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The reason I always load full size pictures....
If you download the image with that download icon it’ll show full picture For the little ones that get stuck

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If I had to guess, it has something to do with the way Apple manages memory on the iPhone. I can't replicate the problem using three different Android phones here, and sadly I don't own any Apple products.

I tried looking online for other people having the issue, and I couldn't find any mention of it.

I just did a test. Rebooted my iPad then came back to the site. Images that were only half loading are now fully loading. Rebooting iPads and iPhones clears and frees up memory so I suspect this is the issue.

Top Bottom