Auction #47 That Fall Color Rectangle

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bidding to Start at $80 with minimum of $1 increments. Auction will end at 8PM Central Standard Time, Sunday, November 15th, 2020. I will post the end of bidding. The first Highest bid before that post wins.
Free Shipping to United States only. Cannot ship international at this time. PayPal, Venmo, Check Accepted.

9 1/2 x 7 x 1 7/8in. Though this pots slight flaw worries me none, I'm starting this low in case it worries you.
Otherwise perfect, this has that coppery shimmer, and some purplish pink accent notes too.

_DSC0343.JPG

_DSC0344.JPG

_DSC0345.JPG

_DSC0346.JPG

_DSC0347.JPG

_DSC0348.JPG

_DSC0349.JPG

_DSC0350.JPG

Thanks.

Sorce

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Man.
that is nice.
and I think I have a tree that would be good in it, maybe next year or the year after.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry I'm late!

End Thanks.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Excited to win this one!
I, too am curious what the flaw is. I couldn't see anything from the pictures.

See the yellow close up. Just a little separation.

Thanks!

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I won’t be firing anywhere near this hot for some time.. so this question is pure curiosity ... and you can PM me the answer as to play your “glaze game” close to the vest, as i’ve heard you are SUPPOSED to..

But what the HECK is in that suspension that makes “that Fall color”?... it has me “mystified”. 🤣

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
play your “glaze game” close to the vest, as i’ve heard you are SUPPOSED to..

Meh....a good Potter will both be able to use the look of my glaze to recreate it and create their own pallette anyway. So who do we have to worry about stealing glaze recipes? A dude about to get struck by lightning!? Karma is a bitch!

I believe this is one layer of Loclayglaze plain. One layer with Rutile and EPK at 5's/100g mixed wet at 142 specific gravity Loclayglaze. And angled swipes of Val's Turquoise. I think the lighter yellow stripes in the black may have been another yellow crystal glaze stripe, but I don't remember.

Ooooh dats soooo prweeeeeety.
Thank you Much!

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Meh....a good Potter will both be able to use the look of my glaze to recreate it and create their own pallette anyway. So who do we have to worry about stealing glaze recipes? A dude about to get struck by lightning!? Karma is a bitch!

I believe this is one layer of Loclayglaze plain. One layer with Rutile and EPK at 5's/100g mixed wet at 142 specific gravity Loclayglaze. And angled swipes of Val's Turquoise. I think the lighter yellow stripes in the black may have been another yellow crystal glaze stripe, but I don't remember.

Thank you Much!

Sorce
Awesome! I actually understand (and can recreate In my visualization space) what you are talking about, the processes/orders of operations! 5 months ago... I would’ve had no idea. 🤣..

So excited to build up my glaze experimentation.. tile.. umm.. portfolio... so I can feel a little of that “ability to recognize glaze components based on my correlating experiences with glazes that turned out similar..“ :)

Also.. I COULDN’T recreate that, even with the correct components. 🤣 All of my “magic” happens in the 06-08 range! My local potter friend says that’s cooking “stew” temps! HAHAHA... She makes “low-fire” jabs at me.. realizing HOW MUCH i appreciate that “sort of thing”

🤓

Top Bottom