AUCTION Kishu Juniper

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
One Kishu juniper. Starting bid is $15 with free shipping to the conus and PR. Or free pickup. The auction will end Saturday April 25, 2020 at 5pm pacific standard time.

It has been styled. It has a couple small jins and a nice couple year shari. I have had it about 4 years and has not been repotted yet. The one branch to the left has started to tear. This happened a year or 2 ago. If you want more pictures let me know. 854CEA8E-A2AB-4710-94EE-FFF543B76520.jpeg18D77122-86E4-4319-A5A8-24DD08FE870E.jpegCE3D0A06-4296-4B31-8C2E-0EBB1F67C097.jpeg12E769FD-E3FB-4513-8848-639B694BB630.jpegBBEEC87B-6DAE-41E8-95F1-C51C890BC2A4.jpegBAABCFF4-E0F3-4837-98E5-C90E9669816A.jpeg
it will be shipped partially bare rooted. Mainly know some of the dirt off so it will fit in a flat rate box.
Happy bidding!!!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So... there aren't any rules against auctions, but there aren't any rules FOR auctions, either. Are you trying to do a public auction? Is there a reserve?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. Since I'm likely partially involved or at fault....
I think we should make a page, maybe with stickied rules, and start a fund. Everything sold gives a dollar+. And when we have x amount of $ in the fund, we throw all the bidders names in a hat (virtually) and pick a winner, get someone a tree, or tools, or a workshop or whatever.
So it becomes a fun and worthwhile place to buy stuff, and sell stuff, since that dollar generates more bidders.

Maybe we can actually help this Bonsai economy, by offering another outlet for folks not on the FBook. I'll never go back.

Nice. Thanks. Sorry.

Sorce

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice. Since I'm likely partially involved or at fault....
I think we should make a page, maybe with stickied rules, and start a fund. Everything sold gives a dollar+. And when we have x amount of $ in the fund, we throw all the bidders names in a hat (virtually) and pick a winner, get someone a tree, or tools, or a workshop or whatever.
So it becomes a fun and worthwhile place to buy stuff, and sell stuff, since that dollar generates more bidders.

Maybe we can actually help this Bonsai economy, by offering another outlet for folks not on the FBook. I'll never go back.

Nice. Thanks. Sorry.

Sorce

Good idea Sorce! I domino do FB either lol

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Whatever admin what’s to do I’m game. I have some trees I figured I would try to sell on here first since I know not everyone is on FB

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Whatever admin what’s to do I’m game. I have some trees I figured I would try to sell on here first since I know not everyone is on FB

As long as people know bidding is public, no reserve, and shipping is included, I'm fine with it. I will leave it to the two parties to make their own payment and security arrangements.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Payment will be PayPal, usps MO, or personal check, cash, or bullion. Shipping is usps flat rate box. Kawerider is my eBay username if you need feedback

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
No offense to anyone. But I truly think there should be a "say" minimum message count before being able to use the selling section....maybe after 250 or 500 messages?

1. We get to know what kind of person is trying to sell within the Nut forum by reading their posts
2. We protect each other from fly by niters trying to make a quick buck or taking advantage of us here on the forum

Just my thoughts. I really enjoy this place, and we should put the effort in protecting it's integrity.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
No offense to anyone. But I truly think there should be a "say" minimum message count before being able to use the selling section....maybe after 250 or 500 messages?

1. We get to know what kind of person is trying to sell within the Nut forum by reading their posts
2. We protect each other from fly by niters trying to make a quick buck or taking advantage of us here on the forum

Just my thoughts. I really enjoy this place, and we should put the effort in protecting it's integrity.

I disagree with using message count as measure of whether or not to allow someone to post an auction. We have no limit for simple fixed price sales, the same should hold for auctions. Admin can usually tell when it is a spam-bot and block those. We have not had much trouble with sales over the years, as long as that continues, not need to make rules. If problems arise, admin can impose regulation in response.

The seller, @mwar15 has been a member of BNut since 2015, which is a fact you can read if you look at their profile. Just because they were an infrequent poster should not penalize them to use the sales section of this site.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I disagree with using message count as measure of whether or not to allow someone to post an auction. We have no limit for simple fixed price sales, the same should hold for auctions. Admin can usually tell when it is a spam-bot and block those. We have not had much trouble with sales over the years, as long as that continues, not need to make rules. If problems arise, admin can impose regulation in response.

The seller, @mwar15 has been a member of BNut since 2015, which is a fact you can read if you look at their profile. Just because they were an infrequent poster should not penalize them to use the sales section of this site.
I was not saying solely for auctions but the whole selling section. I'm sure there's a lot in the background that we don't see in regards to spam.

Just because a person has been a member here for 5 or 10yrs is irrelevant......it's their character i'm referring to. How else to determine except by what they post here. What we post here shows A LOT of what type of person we are in the flesh.

Not knocking the OP at all. Just a thought for protecting us as a whole.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We will let you know if things sound fishy.

Plus, you really only get one chance to screw up here. It would be foolish to try to "get" someone.

Sorce

Top Bottom