AUCTION Kishu Juniper

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh my dad doesn’t know I curse a lot 😂 trust me he probably does .

13 year-olds are different now than they used to be. I never had the exposure to such broad cultural influences when I was 13. My 13 year-old appears more world wise, because she has had the world at her fingertips for years. But what I try to impress on her is that knowledge is not wisdom. She may hear me swear often, just like she sees me drive often, but that does not mean that I am handing over the keys. That said, what teens do and say around their friends has always been driven by different motivations than what they say and do around their parents. As it should be.

But @Njyamadori, a word to the wise - nothing wrong with swearing when appropriate, in my mind, and that is largely based on context. On this forum, you are in a community and mostly among adults. I would no more swear around the people here than I would around my own neighbors.

Okay, well, now I feel bad for going all "dad-mode"...but I am still posting this. :D

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I haven't been here awhile for personal reasons but this entire thread intrigues me. I would love to see an auction site here, but not in general forum. I would love to see a separate place for those that want to either list or bid.
Also, not uncommon at all for kids to curse. Then they generally grow up a bit and are much more selective.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I think he does now... there’s a brand new member from NJ that’s been watching this thread.
What do you mean there is a new member from NJ. And also sorry for blowing up this thread from not talking about bonsai

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Njyamadori I have at least one cutting I can send you if it's alive in spring. Should be.

I was playing about cussing, but I do think you should be more responsible for yourself. I believe you'll get more respect and good help if you use clean language.

Sorce

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
13 year-olds are different now than they used to be. I never had the exposure to such broad cultural influences when I was 13. My 13 year-old appears more world wise, because she has had the world at her fingertips for years. But what I try to impress on her is that knowledge is not wisdom. She may hear me swear often, just like she sees me drive often, but that does not mean that I am handing over the keys. That said, what teens do and say around their friends has always been driven by different motivations than what they say and do around their parents. As it should be.

But @Njyamadori, a word to the wise - nothing wrong with swearing when appropriate, in my mind, and that is largely based on context. On this forum, you are in a community and mostly among adults. I would no more swear around the people here than I would around my own neighbors.

Okay, well, now I feel bad for going all "dad-mode"...but I am still posting this. :D

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
@Njyamadori I have at least one cutting I can send you if it's alive in spring. Should be.

I was playing about cussing, but I do think you should be more responsible for yourself. I believe you'll get more respect and good help if you use clean language.

Sorce
Exactly Sorce .... People love polite kids and they are more wiling to help a kid who’s polite compared to otherwise. I reckoned most of the people on this board are your parents/grandparents age and they should be respected until proven otherwise. We are not telling you what to do or how to live your life by any means. We are just setting you up to be more successful in the future. We’re just excited to see a 13 year old who’s into bonsai and want to keep you in the right track that is all. If you live near me I would have some bonsai pots for you and possible some trees. I woke up one day and decided to to all Tokoname lol

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
To clarify I don’t curse when I’m talking to someone only when something bad happens and I accidentally slip a curse word out . I’m not like other kids who are disrespectful I just curse sometimes . But thanks everyone and I wish I saw this auction since it’s a little cool tree to practice on

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
To clarify I don’t curse when I’m talking to someone only when something bad happens and I accidentally slip a curse word out . I’m not like other kids who are disrespectful I just curse sometimes . But thanks everyone and I wish I saw this auction since it’s a little cool tree to practice on
Awesome !!!!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I haven't been here awhile for personal reasons but this entire thread intrigues me. I would love to see an auction site here, but not in general forum. I would love to see a separate place for those that want to either list or bid.
Also, not uncommon at all for kids to curse. Then they generally grow up a bit and are much more selective.
Been wondering where you've been. Glad to see you back.

Top Bottom